I am angry because no one told me how and when fetal movement starts. I don’t know how I am supposed to feel. I am 19 week pregnant and I am felling fluttering in lower abdomen and pain in lower back. I don’t know what caused that sensation and I am in panic. Is that means that my baby is growing or what?

Ability of mothers to feel the movement of the fetus for the first time is a phenomenon called quickening. Most of them describe as fluttering in lower abdomen and is typically felt by the end of the 5th month. Commonly it is felt first between the 18th and 22nd weeks, with variations of course. As her uterine muscles are more lax, it makes easier to feel a kick. This fluttering will give way to actual movement and kicking.

I started feeling small movements at around 18/19 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy and my doc told me it was my imagination/wishful thinking and that it was too early, but when I had my 20 wk ultrasound, it turns out it was twins, this may be the case, or not, I don't want to scare you, but either way, congrats on your pregnancy.