I am a 53 year old male in gernerally good health. Recently, I have had, what can best be described, as a "fluttering" sensation in my lower abdomen. The effect can be "seen" as well as felt like a spasming muscle. There is no pain involved but it has become a constant irritation and has been continuing for about two weeks.
The spasm is periodic every few minutes. I have not been awakened at night so I am assuming that it is quiescent at that time.

Any ideas?

Hi! You could be experiencing irritable bowel syndrome with little symptoms. I was diagnosed with IBS, after weeks of constipation, abdominal cramping and constant bloating.
First I thought I was going through PMS as these were my PMS symptoms sometimes. I also had some constipation before but not for that long. I started to worry when these symptoms continued long after my period was over.

I used some laxatives to get rid of water and pass stool but it was short-termed and the cramping was always present. I went to see a doc because I was afraid something was wrong with my bowels. He suspect IBS immediately but also run sigmoidoscopy and some other tests.
He told me that some people with IBS don’t even know that have it because they have no symptoms.

Do you suffer from any additional symptoms that I mentioned or is it just this flattering?
You may want to check it with a doc. There isn’t a specific treatment, just “some” life-style changes.

Hi, I am a 21 year old female also in good health. During the past 2 days I have felt the same feeling you described. It just does not feel natural and is very annoying when it happens. Mine can also be seen & felt, there is no pain, and it is erratic with its "pattern" of spasming. I was wondering if you had heard of any explanations for this?

i am 22 and have had the same nerve spasm in my lower left abdomen! i am fit and healthy, but its been happening for about 3 days now! please help.

HI,

I am a 27 year old female, fit and healthy, and I too have these exact symptoms. I've had them for about 2 months now off and on. Its a flutter in my left lower rib area and I have no idea whats causing it. I mentioned it to my mom one day and to my suprise she has experienced it before as well and it never came to be anything. I will definitely mention it to my doc though.
Does anyone have any info as to the cause of this? For me its mostly when i'm sitting at my desk at work.

Hi did anyone find out what this was, im experinceing same thing every 2 minutes for 9 days now, no pain just annoying

Hi, I am a 53 year old male, and have been experiencing a fluttering sensation in my lower left side for the past few days. At first I thought it was my imagination (phantom vibrating cellphone?:>), but it's now occuring every few minutes - very annoying and unsettling. I Googled and found this forum. Has anyone determined what might be a cause of these symptoms, or if this might be caused by a "serious" condition?

Hi i can tell you through personal experience that its related to i.b.s, i hope this helps :)

Hi i can tell you through personal experience that its related to i.b.s, i hope this helps :-)

I have these same symptoms. I am a healthy 30 yr. old female and not pregnant!! It really worried me, anyone else have any idea as to what is the cause??

thanks for letting me know that another male in his fifties has this phantom cell phone vibration in his lower left abdomen. Since I asked one of my doctors about this, I got worried because the only thing he said was "OH REALLY" and this made me feel like a fool. :O

I am a 43 year old healthy female and have been experiencing this flutter since yesterday afternoon. At first I though it was one of my cats purring. It is somewhat unsettling. The only thing I can think of is that I took an extremely challenging pilates private earlier in the day and maybe it is a small muscle spasming. It doesn't seem bowel related to me. However, it is extremely annoying. I keep thinking if I ignore it it will disappear. ... Tomorrow it will be gone ... I can only hope.

Hi I am a 31 yr old female and for the past 24 hrs I have been experiencing these fluttering sensations in my lower left abdomen. There isnt any pain its just annoying. I had these same sensations earlier in the week then they stopped and returned on yesterday. This is reaaly freakin me out can anyone pls help.

Same symptoms, I am a 15 year old male. I am active and healthy.

Fluttering in lower left side of abdomen just to the left and slightly under my belly button. No pain, but obviously doesn't feel natural.

Suggestions?

I have had the same thing for years actually. Never consistant though. I never looked into it because it doesnt hurt. it just feels weird. I'm ok though : ) I'm wondering if it has to do with gas??? it doesnt feel like a gas bubble though. It's definatly a fluttering or spasm feeling.