Hello. I'm 27 years old female and I have some questions about pregnancy and HCG levels. I'm very worried right now because I have found out terrible news. You see, about two weeks ago I have found out that I'm pregnant. This will be my second child and I'm very happy ‘cause of it. Yesterday I went on some routine checking and everthing was just fine accept my HCG levels.
Doctor determined that my HCG levels are a bit lowered and that this doesn’t has to mean anything but he will keep an eye on just for a case that something go wrong. I'm very scared because I don’t know anything about this and my doctor is acting kind of strange.

Hello. I have four kids so believe me when I say that I know almost everything about HCG levels during pregnancy.
You see, your corpus luteum is producing hormone progesterone that is needed for normal pregnancy. HCG maintains progesterone production by the corpus luteum in the early part of pregnancy. So it is logical that it rises when woman is pregnant. HCG is first detectable in the blood seven or eight days after ovulation so this is used in almost every home pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy.
The basic thing you should know is that the HCG levels will double every two to three days in early pregnancy. I'm sorry but I must say that in most cases lower HCG levels may indicate dead fetus, incomplete miscarriage, or threatened spontaneous abortion.