My sister was diagnosed with Corpus Luteal Cyst few months ago. I just found about it and I am very worried about her. Firs I was angry at her for keeping it a secret, but now I understand her. Can someone tell me more about this condition?

I understand that you are worried about your sister. I will give you information that will help you understand her condition. Many women develop growths in or on their ovaries known as 'cysts'. These cysts are sacs filled with fluid, water. In some women, cysts are completely harmless and they require little or no treatment. They are 'benign', or non-cancerous. However, other cystic can be cancerous. In these cases a diagnosis is extremely important. Cysts can vary in size but they are normally small. Luteal cyst is a type of cyst that develops in the second half of the cycle after the egg has been released at ovulation. As soon as ovulation has taken place in a normal cycle, the ruptured follicle then develops into the corpus luteum. This produces progesterone in anticipation of a pregnancy and if the egg is not fertilized, the corpus luteum withers, progesterone levels fall and a period occurs. A luteal cyst is formed when the corpus luteum fails to wither when it should and fills with blood instead and pain or spotting at ovulation can be caused by the release of blood from the corpus luteum, when there is a slight drop in estrogen at ovulation. I hope your sister will be ok.