I found out I was pregnant and then I started bleeding with light cramps. I went to the er and they done a vaginal u/s and a pelvic exam and said my cervix was still closed and it was too early to anything on the u/s. They did see the sac. I am about 5 weeks. I went to my OB and he done a blood test that showed hcg dropped down to 900. At the er the night before it was 1,830. He told me I was going to miscarry but I have not had any pain or clots just light bleeding. I took 2 hpt and they were positive and very bright pink. Is this normal? Could I possibly still be pregnant? 8-|

Home Pregnancy tests are designed to show two things, Positive and Negative. Then are essentially a qualitative HCG.

A quantitative HCG which shows those decreasing numbers is more accurate. I am sorry but you are most likely going to have a miscarriage.With the decreasing. Human chorionic gonadotropin's (HCG) role is to prevent the disintegration of the corpus luteum of the ovary and thereby maintain progesterone production that is critical for a pregnancy in humans.

Decreasing levels mean that while conception has occured the pregnancy can not be viable and will end in a mis-carriage. Again, I'm sorry to have to re-affirm that news.