I had a miscarriage right after thanksgiving. My hcg levels were measured and went from 1500 to 1330 to 7. The doctor wanted me to take another test in 3 weeks to be sure the levels are below 5. I just did the test on Jan. 16th and the levels are back to 1400. Could I have been pregnant with twins. If so could you actually have a full miscarriage and have one twin survive. Just curious. Or is it that the miscarriage did ot fully discharge. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. The doctor does not want to see me until next Thursday. This is driving me crazy. I also have not had any unprotected sex since the miscarry. Thanks for the help. Lisa

I was wondering what happened with you? I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and my levels did the same thing this tue butt I am still bleeding and have been for 4.5 weeks now so I know thats impossible to still be preg but my hpt says positive and my symptoms are growing. I go in this tue for another ultrasound to see if there is a miracle in there but I just dont understand how that could be. I am rh neg and never do anything the easy way.So just wondering about you and I hope things went the way you wanted.

I miscarried at 8 weeks but did not get to feeling better, even though some of my symptoms changed or went away. Two weeks later I contacted my doctor and he said the bleeding and sickness should have passed by now so he called me in for a blood test. He figured I was retaining some of the placenta, which is unnusual for an early miscarriage. He called me back a couple days later and told me I had an appointment at the hospital for an ultrasound. I actually protested because there had been so much blood and tissue loss. He told me that my blood levels were much higher than he had expected and that it looked like there may be something alive still.
He was right!! However, there are complications; which is why I would recommend getting with your doctor right away to figure stuff out if you are still bleeding a week or so after a miscarriage. I am on bedrest because the remaining baby's gestation sac has been pulled away from my uterine wall, likely where the twin came away. My doctor said there is a good chance it will heal and I can carry the baby to full term.

I did not know you could miscarry one child and manage to keep the other.

I hope this helps someone,

God Bless!

I was told that i had a miscarrage on sat. but today is wed. and i went to the doctor and tested postive for still being preg. could i still be , i havent got my blood work back yet

The hcg level remains high for a while and can be very devestating. My doctor didn't even want to test me until 2 weeks after my miscarriage to make sure everything passed. My levels dropped pretty rapidly and my doc said to wait at least one period before starting again, but I think I may start sooner.

I had a misscarage on dec 31. I would have been 13 weeks on Jan 2.. I feel pregnet still my stumach is rock hard, I still have a big appetite, And im still getting morring sickness. Alls my doctor did was aultra sound witch declared i had misscared. but i have not been in since i go in tomarrow. Is it normal for them no to cheack ur levels right after...????

i just posted somthing about my misscarage.. Its been 2 weeks since my misscarage and stoped bleeding a cupple of days ago and just started back up with the bleeding.... I just want to know why i would start bleeding again...??

I have a few words of advice: with child bearing and miscarriage, ANYTHING is possible! YES, it IS possible to miscarry one out of a set of twins...it's actually very common from what I've been told.
In regards to testing HCG so soon after miscarriage: each doctor is different, as is every circumstance. It depends on how far along you were, how high your HCG level was at the time of miscarriage.
I miscarried at just over 6 weeks, but my HCG never got above 20. Basically, if I hadn't have been at my OBGYN's for a physical, I would've believed it to be a wicked period. Most doctors will monitor your HCG levels until they reach 0.
If you ever are worried about something while miscarrying, or the possibility of a miscarriage, ALWAYS call your doctor...that's why they are there!!! Good luck to all!

I was 3 days away from being 13 weeks.. and i had no blood work or anything done after my misscarage my doctor said he wanted to go natrauly... DOSE THIS SOUND RIGHT TO U??

Hi everyone

I just found this thread through Google. I just found out that I was pregnant earlier this week. As the days went by and I was still testing my BFPs were getting lighter, even though I had symptoms such as nausea and sore boobs. On Thursday I started spotting and on Friday my BBT had dropped and I started bleeding so guessed I was having an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy.

Today though my temp has gone back up a bit and my symptoms also seem to have returned a little. I also did some more cheap tests and the lines do appear slightly more obvious.

I expected the bleeding to be heavier than it has been but it's actually only been medium-light and not even as heavy as my usual period. I've even gone to the toilet a couple of times today and it has seemed to be slowing right down.

I'm not getting my hopes up over this, I'm sure when I get up tomorrow it will be all low temps and neg tests again but I was interested in this as a vague possibility.

Gemma x

I found out onSunday I was pregnant and my levels were pretty low when I got them tested on Tues (20). I had symptoms all week and I got tested again on Friday and they had dropped to 12. I was devestated. I dont think i've been this sad in my entire life. I have had some mild cramping and some blood, but nothing really severe at all. I'm not sure what's going on? I igured it would be heavy and stronger than my period but it seems to just be dark brown and spotting. I'm not sure what's going on? Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Gemma, just wondering what happened to you after? Are you still pregnant? I'm going through the same thing right now.

they tested my blood a week later, my hgc levels were at 80, six weeks later on my period it was at 7, one week later it was at 20? what could this mean to me. im really confused, im just a young girl who knows nothing about all of this except how it feels to miscarry and im so lost. anything, any answers would really help me right now.

To the individual that posted this originally, Did you end up being pregnant? i also had dropping hcg levels and am now waiting for next blood test. But feel extremly pregnant . Thanks for your time

well i had 2 sac's also , no baby seen , i know for a fact i passed one sac because i saw it pass , but when i started to miscarry i went to the ER and they did an HCG level on me and mine was 1770 at 6 weeks , then on friday two day's later they told me they couldn't find the other gestational sac and did more blood work my levels had droped to 114 they told me that i had a complete miscarriage i still feel pregnant i still feel like there's something down in my uterus , they said they would follow my blood work to see when i got back down to -4 so i have a doctors appointment on friday , reading your store gave me a ray or hope that i didn't lose both my baby's i hope i get good new's that my levels went back up , feel free to contact me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

i would love to hear how it ended up sense this was a while ago