I became aware yesterday of a pain behind behind my left ear but on my head at the base of my skull. I touhed it which is when i realised i had a hard round lump abour pea sized. It is completely under the skin with no head or skin discloration and doesn't feel like a normal raised gland to me! Any idea what this could be? Help please

It can be something as simple as a cyst, or more serious like cancer. It probably hurts because its irritating or pinching a nerve. Cysts can be removed with freezing or by draining the core. I had a cyst on my temple as a kid that caused me a bit of pain, and my doctor drained it for me. I still have a small bump there but it's not anything unlike a colorless mole. Regardless of what it is, you'll need to see your doctors. You aren't going to find any home remedies for this one.

What rae has posted is totally true. I think it may be a cyst and that's more than likely what it will turn out to be, but you still need to go to the doctor to get that confirmed. please let us know how it goes, okay? We'd like to hear!