I have swollen painful lump near my temple! It is reddish and looks like something is under the skin. It hurts very much (I have headache because if it). It came almost overnight … I am only 16 and I am afraid this could be cancer or something!

I think this is not cancer, but big acne vulgaris… this is just a big pimple… they occur on facial parts and do not pick place… on chin, nose, forehead, temple…
Do not worry, and most of all do not try squeezing it…It will hurt you and probably nothing will come out. It will pass in a week or eventually two… and will not be visible afer, but if you try squeezing it, it will probably leave a scar!!!

yeah i have something similar to your descprition and im only 14. I too thought it could something rather serious and mine came over night aswell.

yeah! i have the same problem near my flap of skin that covers my vigina... but at first i started as a painless lump but then i felt pain and soon it got bigger and bigger! and im 15 and i got the lump... so i thought it was dangerous... and im trying to find a cure to make the pain go away...

i'm a 25 female, and i suffer from chronic acne, and basically what you're describing sounds like cystic acne, these are often large painful lumps. When I was younger I had these all the time. Now i only get them once in a while. And if you are prone to acne, especially hormonal acne, these can happen just about anywhere on the body, just like normal acne. The best advice is to let them alone. They may hurt at a touch but they hurt even more when you try to squeeze and pop them. You don't want to do that, aside fromt he pain, you get a nasty scaby and scaring if you do manage to break it open. andthen it hurts even more.

I suffer from something fairly similar- with painful, when pressed, red lumps, like spots on my temples. I also suffer from Kerotin Pilaris- which is where kerotin builds up around your hair folicles and I think the two things are possibly linked. KP appears like small red dots on the top of your arms and legs and affects something like 1 in 5 people. It could well be this- there are creams you can used that are chemical exfoliants that do really help- but there's no complete cure and so I'd say just exfoliate normally, try not to pick at it, and they will go fairly quickly.

Nothing will happen leave it alone

Are there ways to help the swelling go down? Or make it go away I'm 21

I have something lie that, but I have had this for about three months, and the doctors don't know what it is, I think it is a cyst, or something like that. I am thirteen and it feels like I just have a bif cyst. At first I thought it was a popped vein, because I have a popped vein on my neck, and it feels just like this irratated thing under my skin.

That could be herpes

That is a bartholin gland cyst. I've had one twice and had to have it drained. If you don't get it drained it can become infected.

The vaginal one could also be because of generation of excessive body heat or maybe the boils that appear during the pre-menstrual period. If it doesn't go away even after a week and is painful, then consult a doctor.

Hi, were u able to find a cure to this.

That's called a bartholine cyst and they're very uncomfortable but are not a form of an std and are very common. If it gets very large, go see your doctors and they can surgically remove it.

Warm water on a cloth hold on the ingrown hair area....