Hi, I'm 16, and I'm really worried... for the past few months I've been getting random brief headaches mainly on the left side of my head near my temple or behind my ear. Basically, pain comes for a few seconds and then disappears, and this happens frequently a number of times each day. Sometimes it just kind of throbs, and sometimes I get a throbbing pain in my index finger. Every once in awhile I get the same kind of pain on the right side of my head, but it's not at the same time as the left (not bilateral) and it doesn't hurt as bad. The pain was worse at the beginning of the 3 months than it is now, but it's still happening. Maybe this is just because I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but it always seems like I can feel the left side of my head by my temple... like no pain but I can just feel it... I don't know how to describe that. I can also feel that side of my head when I'm running. Anyway, I don't really have any other symptoms, just this throbbing pain on the left side by my temple, that sometimes turns into a headache, and I've been super tired lately.
I've heard that sometimes teenagers get this pain when they're growing caused by changing blood flows... but I am pretty sure I'm not growing, I haven't for a number of years.
Should I get a CT scan or something? My parents keep telling me not to worry but I don't know if they really get what's happening.
Someone please tell me what's going on...

Im 15 and i am having the same problems on my left temple too. For me it last about a few seconds to a minuet and it happens 2 or 3 times a day usally and the end of the day. I feels like someone is pinching my left temple, its not horrible pain but it does hurt and i want to know whats going on too. My parents think its a change of diet but i have changed my eating habbits. I dont know what to do i really would like to know whats going on too.

I am a 16 year old girl as well and I've been experiencing this from time to time at school and work and I thought it was from stress, but even when I'm relaxing I still get it sometimes. It's probably just a blood flow thing.