Two weeks ago, I have noticed a small number of lumps behind my ears. I don’t know what it is but I know that I’m very frightened.
I didn’t seek for medical help because I thought that this is some skin reaction on some strong shampoo or similar.
I change my shampoo but those lumps stayed same.
They don’t cause any pain or itchiness but only unpleasant sensation of something unknown.
Now, after fourteen days, I’m a bit scared to seek medical help but I am afraid that now it is unavoidable.
Anybody had similar symptoms?

While I was reading your post, I was thinking what could it be?
I’m a medical student and I know a bit about this problem.
Behind ear, there are very small amount of adipose cells so development of adipose tissue growth is very likely.
This is not a big problem because adipose tissue is easy to remove with small surgery intervention.
Second option is that your lump is infected skin acne.
Those small acnes are easily infected and they cause similar symptoms.
Third option is that your lumps are one kind of benign tumor, lipoma or chondroma but this is most unlikely because tumor is in most cases one sided. To stop your wondering, you better contact your general practitioner and get some real informations.

yea I'm having the same problem recently, and im just seeing if it will clear on its own. I'm also getting wierd sensations and pain in the beginning, but eventually the pain stopped. I hope this isn't dangerous...

I recently noticed a small lump behind one ear, It itched a little, then the skin got tough and it became a smaller lump and has not gone away. Now I have another one on my other ear. this is scary. I need some info.

Yes, I just got a large amount on the back of my ear, and chest. They're itching pretty bad and spreading. Info please, is this serious?

Rascoe,

I have a few bumps behind my ears too. They just developed about 6 months ago and have not gone away. I think that it is just acne but then again doesn't acne go away? I am wondering if it could be an allergic reaction to milk products I hear that milk can cause bumps on your arm that are tiny. Well, I think I am going to try to avoid milk products for a week and see if it goes away. I will let you know if it works.

Rachel

Hello all! I just wanted to step in here and say that I have the same problem and went to the doctor and all it is is a cyst. They do not do anything but let it go away. Mine is getting smaller and does not hurt anymore. Most likely this is what everyone else has but it would not hurt to see a dr.! :-D

I've had lumps behind my ears for years now.

They come and go every few months.

Some a small, some are large. Some are soft and squishy whilst others a littler harder.

Sometimes they're squeezeable, and white fatty stuff comes out. Other times the skin is too thick, and I just leave it and it will go away after a few weeks.

Nothing to worry about in my case.

I have had these lumps ever since I was 14 and my hormones started kicking in. I am now 36 and still have them. I think estrogen leves and hormones in dairy effect them. I am getting off the pill and the lumps have returned which to me means that it is hormone related. I am working on changing my diet and will see if that helps.

Well i also have lumps behind my ears and i was nervous so i found this forum. I thought it was because i pierced my own ear, but the other one professsionally done has a smaller lump as well so maybe if i stop wearing earring for a litle while it will go away?

I suffered from disgusting lumps behind my ears for about a year, my nurse friend said they were normal “cysts”, a doctor said they were normal and would always be there and would come and go… I disliked these answers and did not believe them as I have learnt not to always listen to what doctors have to say!!.
The only thing that I found that got rid of them was a smudge of undiluted “Dettol” directly on them behind the ears, this has completely got rid of the cysts and they don’t come back as they use to, they come back in my “ear loud” sometimes but at least they are not disgusting and eventually p***y gross things behind my ears that were very embarrassing :-D

I have also had similar but different hard round lumps on my back occasionally that Dettol does not seem to help, but perhaps “tea tree oil” does. Tea tree oil also gets rid of the types of pimples (many on my face) that Lime juice does not.

I first had a lump behind my right ear for a few months. I figured it was acne related, though I don't have acne any where else. Eventually the lump shrank then disappeared leaving what seems to be a blackhead, like acne. As that one started to leave a new one behind my left ear has started. Same as one on right and slightly soar at times. I'm just riding it out because I figure it's just one of those things.....

I wonder if any of you wear glasses, I get small hard lumps behind my ears and the are just infected acne caused by the ear piece resting on my head.

Hi all, I am only 15 and I have just this morning noticed I have 2 lumps behind one ear and a smaller one behind the other. I dont know what these are, and as you may imagine I am relativly concerned. I have never suffered from acne or spots, only the occasional break out. I have been feeling sick with headfaches over the last few days and have missed college due to this. Also, my sleeping pattern is irregular. I am sleeping during the day as well as night. I think I will go to the doctors tomorrow and tell you all what they say, maybe it could help put the rest of your worries to rest, or not, if the out come is bad.

Wow! I have had the same thing. I noticed some bumps and also thought they were an allergic reaction because I had just tried a new shampoo. So I threw out the new shampoo and they subsided, but came back. There are some that are small and some that are bigger and they come and go. They feel like mosquito bites, but do not itch.

The hormone thing might be the cause -- I recently went off the pill after being on it for 14 years...