I have a lump that is the size of the palm of my hand, on the right side towards my back along my ribcage and slightly below.  It is annoying when I drive, lay down on my side or my back, while I drive, or sit for any extended period of time.  For about a month, I have been getting a burning sensation towards the front of my ribcage on the same side.  I do not know if it is related or not.  The lump sometimes aches, and is very annoying when wearing a belt.

I went to the doctor, thinking it was just a lipoma, but the doctor thought different.  He asked me to cough, and it did not move, and he was unable to move it.  He said it could be one of 3 things, lipoma (although he does not think that is what it is), some sort of herniation or soft tissue cancer.  I have looked up everything I can find on all 3 items, and really not finding anything useful.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I do have to have a CT scan on Friday, then a return trip to the surgeon the following Wednesday.  I live in a small mountain town in North Carolina, and am worried I will not get the correct care I need. 

Thank you for any input anyone can provide.