ok all started about 7 weeks back when i was gardening i got bad back pain(the bad ache went after a few days ) and a muscle spasm after that i felt dull pain lower right bottom back near my last 2 bottom ribs but can feal a round lump where my last 2 ribs are that sometimes sticks out and can feel it moving when walking afer the last 5-6 weeks i now get dull aches and pains ( not strong enought to take pains pills with )from all around my right side lower back to right side under ribs to top of my hip area and across to near my belly button and lower but the main pain ,ache is just under my right ribs area, when i had my first muscle spasm i had 4 more in the first 3 weeks but not had any since (and i still garden but not had much) it comes on most every day on and off anytime of day now i thinking it something more than i pulled muscle etc that i thought it was at first radiating around to my front of near belly button has anyone had same symptoms or similar as i am in a dilemma as i did go to the doctors and he said the lump looks like its part of the ribs (i cannot understand why he looks like he should know ) he felt around my ribs area and he could not tell what it was and told me to go for ct scan now thats the problem i got no insurance i an still waiting to sort my aos papers long story ( i am British )the wifes not working and they want $1800 for a ct scan that no way of getting so i asking if anyone had similar pains etc and if they could tell me if its not serious at the moment as dunno where i go from here

If you have a lump that moves around like that, I think that needs some examination. I don't know what it is but it doesn't sound like it's something you should not take seriously. I don't know if a CT scan is necessary. Have they even done an x-ray yet? Are you able to see a doctor again?

when i move from side to side i can feel the lump/bone it feels like it sticking out a bit i get a dull pain from there could that be my floating ribs ?but my main ache and pains are under my right ribs from going from front to around the side to my back one minute its there then sometimes near my belly button then next time near the lump/bone area can pain radiate that far from the lump/Bone to my belly button if it muscle related ??as bro in law felt and say it could just be back muscle pain but until i can find 1800dollors i will not know ,
no they did not give me xray to doctor just said he cannot tell what it was until a ct scan might be worth going to another doctor and see what he said

sorry for late replay as he not had intrenet access for a few days

No need to apologize. Just glad to know you're okay. I'd say you should maybe see another doctor. I'd see if you could find a doctor who does sliding scale and can compensate for how much you earn because it sounds like you're hard up for being able to pay for this. What do you think?

hi
at the moment the wife on unemployment but i a feeling if i went to another doc they might say the same looks like a visit to hospical but looks like that only way i can go this mroning i got up and got more pain than i have had before right side area from hip to ribs i did take pains pills just wondering if anyone has had same symptoms

ty agion for your help

Absolutely no problem, oldpot. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need help with anything else. The only thing I ask is that you give me an update on how she's doing, okay? :-)

I had the identical same thing happen,,,as i hurt my back picking up a real heavy object,,,later muscle spasms,,then paint migrated to lower right side and around hip,,,and then a large curved lump,,where the love handles are on men on lower right side right at bottom of ribs,,i went to an online doctor,, and he said it was probably a hematoma,,or bleeding colected,,from tearing the muscle,,or a lipoma, i dont know but it must be pressing on nerves,,cause my pain is constant most of the time ,,,but somewhat bearable,,,,this has been two weeks,,,im watching the bulged out area at the bottom right of ribs.Dont have any liver manifestations,,,kidneys working good,,,breathing fine,,cant figure it out,,I honestly have been scared to go to my doctor,,,cause they take so musch advantage of people,,with insurance,and all,,

(posting here because some people with some of these symptoms will end up here.)Hey guys I hope everyone with this issues sees this.  You may have this to a lesser or more sever extant.  I had pneumonia a little over a month ago and one day after not sleeping for days and days I woke up after taking what was not a smart amount of various medications to help me sleep and help my symptoms. Well, I slept but I woke up with the feeling I had been shot through and through from under my left rib cage and out the back. I feared that I damaged my liver and was so embarrassed I didn't go see anyone and lived in agony and off of left over pain killers for a good week or so. I couldn't lay on my front or back without it making it worse, when I ate right after each swallow it hurt really bad, I felt bloated right under my rib cage, and was easily out of breath. At times it felt like I was having a heart attack. I finally went in after being out of pain meds and the doc was really concerned. They did blood work and that was all find, so no worries about liver or gallbladder so she was concerned I had a pulmonary embolism but I had no other symptoms related to that. Still, she wanted a catscan to be sure but I wasn't about to pay for that. So I went home and did TONS of research. I came to the conclusion I had developed GERD. So I went and bought some over the counter 150 strength generic zantac to find out if that was my ailment. Sure enough after two days of taking it twice a day my symptoms pretty much went away. I stopped taking it to make sure I wasn't just better and it was a coincidence and yep after a day it came back. I called my Doc and she agreed (my thought is why didn't she realize this!?!?) So I started back up on a prescrip of same med and have been on it for the past week and pretty much prob free. If I forget to take my night dose I know because I start coughing which is another symptom because the acid is irritating your throat. I go take it and in about 30 min stop coughing. I hope this reaches and helps everyone scared to death by these symptoms like I was. It is a pretty cheap test to see if this is your issue without paying for all the other tests. HOWEVER! If you have a change in your stool like some people have said tarry looking or bloody GO TO THE DOCTOR because that is not GERD, that would likely be a peptic ulcer or something else similar which can be an emergency.