Was wondering if anyone can help please. for a few months now I have had a what feels like a lump to me right next to my left hip bone, its possibly about a few cms long and feels more like a small tube than a lump. I don’t know whether this is part of my body or anything and I can only feel it when I am laying down and it doesn’t hurt, I do not have the same feeling in my right hand side
I am 22 and a size 8 and I have ibs and iron deficiency anaemia,
Please advise as I am getting quite worried as to what this could be, but too scared to visit the doctors.
Thank you

Wow, I have the exact same thing, I'm scared to go to the doctors in case i look stupid.

I also have the same thing. Sometimes I can feel it really well, but other times I can't really feel it. I told my doc last time I was there and of course neither one of use could feel it then. He said I was probably just feeling my intestines.

I belive I to have something poking out on the left side of my hip . Feels like a dimes size ball growning on my bone . Im in pain about three days a week .when I setting for a long time could be longer. My Doctor told me it was my S I joint . -Wrong. I went along with him just to get out of his office. He gave me a shot that hurt . And to see him every mth. " That should help" he said. The shot has not helpped at all . Dose anyone have an answer . Thank you .

I have the exact same problem too. It feels like a few inches long though, it's a small tube next to the left hip bone and I can only feel it laying down. I have iron deficient anemia too, but I don't think that's causing it because there's no organs that process iron there. The only organ that's right by your left hip bone is the large intestine, so I have a feeling that it's digested food passing through the large intestine... and that's really gross to think about.

I have the same thing.
I've also had two hernias either side of my groin and have had both repaired by surgery. This lump sometimes feels the same as a hernia. I wonder if it's hernia of the upper intestine?
Or a Spigelian hernia:

I seem to have the same thing. Only i can always feel mine, whether im lying down or not. When looking in the mirror i can see this indent in my skin, sorta of like a small bump. But, when i feel it, its like a tube. & it feels the same way on the other side. Im really scared, and when i ask my family about it, they act like theres nothing there. Sometimes they claim to not even be able to see it, while i can. : / so someone please, give me some reassurance.

i seem to have the same thing too haha, somestime when my bowels move i feel a slight twinge and when i go to the bathroom occasionally it will hurt if i dont go for a while, someone said its poo... and i believe them because after ive gone to the toilet it goes and comes back the next day or whenever. ive had it for about a year now, i went to the doctor and she kept pushing on it and she just said come back when its gone.. which is useless cause i cant make it go haha

I think i have the same thing...my doc told me its poop ...no joke. i was so embarassed! But actually I'm okay with it now...he gave me some powder and it really helped! :)

FEEL BETTER!

:P <3 poop pal :D

i think all of u have lymphnodes that are swollen or if ur skinny you can always feel them there where bacteria go when ur sick, if u get sick and the get bigger thats supposed to happen, i thought oh no cancer but its normal now though im worried i can sh*t and i get pains in my stomach 2 weeks later eat a greasy burger and pooped my brains out for 2 hrs, now i can poop again but i still get pains in the morning or at night sometimes after eating and sometimes after smoking a cigarrete am i dieing who knows

I have the same problem, i was trying to do some research on it & came across this thread. All u ladies with this problem, are u all skinny? I am an it seems to be the consensus. Def starting to think it's just food being digested through the intestines. Freaking nasty lol The price we pay to being thin! I guess we just notice it more cause were little...

I have this problem also i have had it for a while now but lately its worse and my stomach is getting a little bit bigger i am really skiny 16 years old 108 lbs and about 5'6 or 7. I am scared im pregnant Or something

Well I hate to tell all of you this but I am no where near skinny and I have the same thing.  It just appeared about a month ago.  I am a little worried about it and will probably go see a doctor.  I have also been losing weight unintentionally.  Don't get me wrong, losing 20 pounds in the past 6 months is great but that along with the dizziness and headaches I've been getting and the small lump, something must be up.

Hi I have had a long tube like lump near my left hip for the last two months was thinking it was cancer as i had lost a lot of weight (but still not skinny) went to doc's had examination & he ordered blood tests to see if it was ovarian cancer - luckily it came back negative, then went to hospital for scan, have phoned the doc's for the result but he is on leave but the receptionist has said it is borderline ?!?! doc is going to call me on monday

It's un-passed stool!