Few days ago I have been visit surgeon because I have some lump on my leg. She told me since it is soft, it must be lipoma. When I asked her what is next to do, she told me if I am going to remove it is only up to me. I don’t know what to do, should I be worried if this lump on leg might become cancerous?

I can just tell you that nothing is ever 100%, and there are certain key characteristics to lipomas that are highly suggestive. Giveaway is that lump is soft and depress when touched. Less likely it would be liposarcoma, which means lump is cancerous. This condition is very rare, but if you are still anxious, you can insist on a biopsy. That will give you the definitive result what is it all about. If your diagnosis of lump on leg is lipoma, it is not usually treated. If there is unpleasant location it can be excised. Also if this causes you pain or if lump is too large you can remove it. Options for removal include making incision and surgically removing it, or do liposuction. If the diagnosis of your lump on leg is truly lipoma, it really does depends on you, I think biopsy will help you the most to decide.