This post is an extension of the

Small hard lump underneath the skin on my forearm
thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

wow what a goldmine of info. we've all got similar things. Interesting to note how many of them are on the arms - where I have three (lumps that is, not arms!) two on my inner right forearm and one on my upper left arm, right on the bicep. I recently noticed I'm getting a small one on the right side of my right arm just a few inches from the wrist.

I have been working out with weights on and off for years, AND i work on the computer all day. I'm starting to notice them in my thighs, too.

you can only see the ones in my arms - not really happy about that when it comes to summer clothing. you can't really see the ones on my legs.

doctor says they're fatty deposits and I can get them lanced. what's really weird about this is that i don't eat junk. we're talking fish, meat, veggies, fast food once in six months? and I drink a ton of water. so that these things are gathering instead of being flushed out is a mystery to me.

homeopath, naturopath and acupunturist all were perplexed. interestingly enough it was a western doctor that gave them a name.

I have 3 lumps in my arms and a 2 in my leg around the top of the thigh. Recently one of the lumps has now grown to about 2 inches in size and is becoming painful when pressed. I shall be calling at the doctors this afternoon to get this checked out and will update with the findings.

I have various lumps around my body (probably over 20), mainly on my trunk, top of buttocks, thighs and armsbut also a couple on chest stomach. I think the correct term is Familial multiple lipomatosis. A hereditery condition and apparently nothing to worry about. If you have more than 1 then thats what you may well have. Apparently as many as 1 in 100 people have a lipoma somewhere, though many people never find them if they are small and deep with fat or on back. Its frighteneing when you first find them. As long as they are not too hard/or soft like a bag of worms, can be moved about and do not hurt then its probably a lipoma. Mine vary from from golf ball size to pea size, some quite hard, some soft and only I know they are there. I have 2 on my upper arms that are disc shaped like a flat rugby ball. I have had them checked out various times over the last 20 years and all but 1 doctor said they were lipomas (fatty lumps)- nothing to worry about. The other suggested 1 may be a neurofibroma which worried me a bit but that comes with other symptoms (if anything serious)- that I dont have, so I have disregraded that to date. I have never had biposy as they have been with me so long and never bothered me and never done anything "suspicious". I also have not bothered to get a biopsy as I have so many then where do I stop?!- which one to test and which one not to? Lipomas can grow on/near nerves sometimes and hurt if you squeeze them too much. These can also be called intraneural lipomas. See wikipedia lipoma for a good description on the different types. Should put most peoples mind at rest. Good luck to everyone who has to go through the uncertainty. I'm sure you will be fine!

Every nece and a while i get small lumps on my left arm around the joint. A long time ago i had one removed. My doctor said it wasn't anything to worry about. Now every year i get one but it goes away. It's almost never in the same place and when i bend my arm, looks like a bruise.

Ive had these for a very long time already!
I squeeze them when im bored. Nothing ever happens, but i guess the one i squeezed today was close enough to the surface of my skin that whitish yellowish stuff came out... kind of like a white head, but there was A LOT of that white stuff. considering that bump used to be a small bb sized bump, there was a lot that came out. the consistency is like butter, it was pretty gross but fascinating!

I have a lump on my left forearm, just about 2 inches away from the inside of the elbow (where you bend it and stuff) but just before it had formed, i noticed that it had been itchy and it was little hives, so I figured it was an allergic reaction to something. I left it alone for a good two hours where I notice that the lump had formed. Every time I scratch at it, because every now and then it will become itchy, it burns. I noticed last night that I had no, what we call, bite marks to indicate it was a bug bit but this morning I noticed a small red dot on the lump right under the hair follicle. I'm thinking it could be because I was itching at it.

I have a number of these throughout my body, they first started when I was 19-20 and when the first one developed I went to the doctor and had it removed as it was in my stomach and my grandmother had recently died of stomach cancer, and since I didn't know what it was I wanted to be sure. I would definitely recommend getting them checked out for safety's sake, especially if they are new, as there are a number of conditions that have this as a symptom, almost all of these conditions are benign but it's always best to get them checked out just in case. Similarly to several people my lump was diagnosed as being one of the benign conditions, the doctor concluded it was a fatty deposit that had become fibrous.In the past 10 years I have been "collecting" these little bumps and now have probably 10+ that I can locate, in my arms, thigh, stomach, legs and back, yeah pretty much everywhere, in various shapes and sizes (from so tiny I can't find it from one day to the next to grape sized in my thigh) and they do me no harm and are hidden, unless of course I choose to show one to someone, otherwise no one would ever know, so for me no biggee.

o.O i thought i was the only one on earth with these strange under skin lumps on my left bicep shin behind my right knee on my right tricep and so many other places, I still do not know what it is and its is mind boggling . I pray that someone clears the air about this strange phenom, but to top it off Ive lost over 50 pounds with no explanation, doc says I healthy but I feel that something is still wrong here on top of my vision going bad I'm only 36 and this is a bit unnerving and scary thanks for reading. Sacred...

hope this helps everyone:

Hi guest on top. Please go seek a doctor if you're losing weight.

i have a lump above my elbow for about 2 years now. It started as some kind of hair infection or something small like that and now its maybe 3 cm (eye ballin it). It doesn't hurt and can move it from side to side. I hope its just a fatty lipoma. I'm going to schedule an appointment with a doctor. I've seen at least 2 docs this past year at college and they said it was nothing. But didn't even really look at it. It's starting to get annoying so I want it taken out. I suggest everyone have it checked out because I just heard of sarcomas this week.

I have a small pea shaped size hard lump on my right forearm. The doctor asked me to get a scan done, the doctor says it is better to get a scan result first. I am really worried. Although, I have read the posts and my does not look very different. I am very surprised on why it developed in the first place.

I don't really know what these things are but they are quite alarming and sometimes annoying. I find myself playing with them a lot to see if they change in size or hardness. Every time I try to find out what they are I end up with the same answer - Lipomas

- One on the inside of my left forearm
- One on my left side below my ribs (This is the most annoying one)
- One on my left butt cheek
- Two on the left side of my stomach
- One on my right thigh

So far that's how many I've found. I don't have health insurance so I don't plan to get all of them tested any time soon. I'm 27, male, 150 lbs and in good health. The best thing I can do for now is just ignore them.

I have a small, hard, lump on the posterior side of my left arm, about 2 inches above my elbow. Noticed it the other day when I was painting my daughter's room. Went...what is that? It moves a little and is not painful. I've had 2 lipomas removed from my back as a child, but never had another one in this region before. Scheduled a doctor's appt. to see what he thinks.