I have a lump on the right side of my neck about an inch and a half below my ear. I have had this lump for several years. It causes no pain, and it hasnt grown or done anything at all. It can be moved around. I have no idea what it could be. Any thoughts or suggestions on what this might be would be very much appreciated. I have pictures available if necessary.

Hi Sperault: I have a similar thing on my eye, what it is - is that you would have had a SEVERE throat/ear/lymph node infection. So after the infection went away it left behind scar tissue - such as a keloid with a scar! And you can move it around but not like all over your face!!! Just in the area where the infectionious mass left a hole and residue. The only thing I would like you to do is this. Just have it looked at by your doctor, the only reason why I say this is because this was told to me. It is a little round ball of scar tissue, that could EASILY get into your blood stream and cause a stroke!!!!! o.O That's is what I was told about the eye one. I had a TERRIBLE eye inection my eye was so infected it was closed shut and I had to have it lanced!!!! 8-| But it left behind this little lump. So I had to go to an opthamologist and have it removed - they just froze the area, did a little cut and took out the piece! It's kind of cool really! So just have him check it out and see if he/she thinks it should be removed. IT's a simple painless thing and it will just put your mind at ease. Because when your dealing with the Lymph Node it can be tricky OK? Good luck and health hon! Let me know how you make out OK?

I agree with what bambi is saying, although my other guess is that this could be cystic acne as well. I know that the ball cam move around a little so that might also be the issue. What do you think about that being the issue? Is there any way you could talk to your doctor to find out? Keep me posted on how you're doing. Thanks!

i just noticed my lump and i have been reading about it . my neck has been sore for about four days now and my throat also hurts. the neck lump is on the right side i dont know if the pain comes from the lump and i can move it slightly i will talk to my docter and see if i can get it fixed