Hi, I have been adviced to take Clomid for therapy of infertility. I have started to take it in dose of 50 mg. But I don’t know for how long should I take it. How long will it take for me to get pregnant using Clomid?

Clomid is one of the the first fertility drug that couples are adviced to use. Many women taking Clomid will get pregnant during the first three cycles, and most commonly prescribed dose is 50mg dose. Clomid is reacting by increasing level of released gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) which in turn causes more FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinazing hormone) secretion. More follicle stimulating hormone and more luteinizing hormone result in the more mature eggs – ovulation, what enables conceiving to happen and to become pregnant.
If it is effective, progress will be seen in period of six cycles. If problem is not in ovulation, other measures may be tried like IUI or IVF.