My wife has been diagnosed with type of cancer called Pituitary adenoma. When I checked for a misdiagnosis of Adenoma or confirming a diagnosis of Adenoma, I found out that there are other medical conditions and other alternative conditions relevant to diagnosis. These alternate diagnoses of Adenoma may already have been considered by her doctor or may need to be considered as possible alternative diagnoses, I think. Anyway I will be grateful if you can provide me some information about Pituitary adenoma.

Pituitary adenomas are seen in about 20% of autopsies but make up about 10% of symptomatic CNS tumors, most commonly in adults and any hormone may be secreted. The most common types of secreting tumors are the growth hormone and prolactin secreting tumors with FSH and LH secreting tumors being rare although tumors that are devoid of hormones and cause symptoms by destroying normal pituitary cells are also common. Pituitary adenomas used to be classified by the color of their cytoplasm, acidophilic, chromophobe and basophilic. These colors give no clue as to which hormone is being secreted.

I have a micro pituitary adenoma. It has never been described as a type of cancer!!? Apparently hormone levels are ok. Should other checks be done on it?
To complicate things I also have congenital atrophied thyroid (literally one sided..half).
For four years I have suffered fluctuating to the extreme, pain, poor mobility, head pain, eye problems, skin blotches and skin cold flushing, and sweats (separately), plus lots of other symptoms which have had a huge impact on m life.
I am certain the adenoma and half thyroid is causing so much yet I was diagnosed with cfs/me, Fibromyalgia and ever since encountered unknowledgeable Endocrinologist and other professionals. Anyone shed further light on my situation?
X