I know that many friends of mine wanted to use Clomid. I have asked around what is that, so I understand some basic information about it. However, I cannot understand one thing, so I am asking you for help. Can you tell me how does Clomid help with ovulation? Is this proven as helpful with ovulation and pregnancy?

To understand how Clomid affect ovulation, you must understand there are various causes of infertility. One of them is problem when woman is being an-ovulation, which means lack of ovulation. This is common among women with infrequent or absent periods. This group of women does not secrete enough luteinizing hormone, or LH and follicular stimulating hormone, known as FSH, at the right time during the cycle. This is resulting in an immature egg that is not released and pregnancy rate is low because of this. In such cases, the most commonly prescribed drug is Clomid, also known by its brand name Serophene. If the lack of ovulation is the only cause of infertility, most women on Clomid treatment will achieve a pregnancy. It is usually achieved within four to six months of treatment. Clomid is structurally similar to estrogen, and it works as a selective estrogen modulator. It works by attaching itself to the estrogen receptor sites in the brain disallowing them to bind with naturally circulating estrogen. In response, the hypothalamus releases more gonadotropin-releasing hormone, stimulating the pituitary to drain more LH and FSH, which then cause ovulation.