Hi! I have a huge problem. Every time I get hungry my stomach growls a lot. First it is low noises, but after some time it gets louder and longer. It is really embarrassing. And since i'm a student and eat my lunch at a certain time, I can't eat when I get hungry. How can I stop the growling?

Hi! I get the growling signs after eating for example but it is the same when it happens when you are hungry or when the food’s passing trough intestines.

The thing is that when we don’t eat, hormone-like substances are released by the digestive system. They send a message to the hypothalamus to makes us hungry i.e to cause a desire to eat. Then hypothalamus starts sending message to the digestive system and muscles start contracting, stomach acids are released and the growling and gurgling appears even if you’ve eaten.

It is said, it would be best to eat before 9.30 am, that makes the stomach quiet.
If your gurgling is caused by air or gass, you may try drinking warm 7up or ginger ale to get the gas come out as a belch, you could bring some snacks with you. Don’t take any deep breaths in order to stop it as you cwil only swallow more air and make the gurgling worse.
If you have additional symptoms like gas, diarrhea, bloating and cramping, then your gurgling may be a sign of an underlying problem. Otherwise, it is a sign of good health.

I'm 21 and I've had this problem since grammar school. It gets worse AFTER i eat and when i'm nervous. I've been researching this lately as well, and i found something. As gross as it sounds...all these symptoms might be a result of intestinal PARASITES. In addition to my stomach growling, I've also had persistent acne since I was 10, funky breath, fatigue, and lack of complete clarity. I wish you luck on your journey to health as I continue to venture out on mine. -Maritsa-

same with me

my tummy growls