Hello! My mother has been recently discovered a small growth on her pituitary gland. Her problems started three months ago with her irregular monthly periods and strange lactation. The tests she did showed significant increase of hormones. Then her doctor arranged CT scan and tumor was discovered. She started to have problems with her vision recently. Could problems with pituitary gland be causing vision problems?

Hello! Most of growths (tumors) on pituitary gland are benign. They may prove to be malignant but this is really rare. Since the pituitary gland is located beneath the place where the nerves from the eyes go to the brain many tumors can also create vision problems. They may cause double vision, severe sudden headaches, protruding eye ball and loss of peripheral vision. You mother has to consult her doctor and report all problems she has.

Hello there alissa,

Since leonie has already answered your question there is no need to repeat her words. Also it would be wise to consult her doctor about this problem because some way of treating this benign tumor will have to be applied. I am not a medical expert so I really don’t know but I presume that this is nothing serious and that your mother is going to be just fine. And since she is among lucky ones to have benign tumor all additional complications are literally piece of cake when you consider the alternative. Keep us posted about further events and the way she has resolved her problem. Good luck.