Hello, my daughter has problems with pituitary gland. Her periods have stopped, we did not know why for a long time and after numerous examinations it was concluded that she has a tumor on pituitary gland. Doctor mentioned a link between that gland and hypothalamus and I did not quite understand him. Can you tell me about it?

There is connection between those two. It is a very important feedback link that is actually a base for the entire endocrinological system. It works by secretion of releasing hormones by hypothalamus that affects pituitary gland, which then produces its own hormones. So it is likely there is also some problem with hypothalamus too.

Hi there,
I think that hypothalamus and pituitary gland are connected by a stalk. Hypothalamus and pituitary gland are part of your brain and they are responsible for several bodily functions. Hypothalamus has a direct influence on your nerves. It controls and integrates the autonomic nervous system. But it also acts as a gland so it is a part of your endocrine system where hypothalamus produces hormones. I think that it is very important in puberty because it has important role in production and secretion of GnRH hormone and GnRH has and influence on pituitary gland. How old is your daughter? How long is she having this problem? What kind of medication did her doctor suggest?

I hope this helped.