Hi, I had staphylococcus bacterial infections in the sinuses. Since then I keep feeling a constant fatigue and sensitivity to pain. I think it is connected, because I heard that MRSA (staphylococcus infect.) could cause these symptoms, which are probably fibro or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Hi, I had a MRSA infection in my nose when I was in a hospital. There was a danger to spread further, so I had a special antibiotic called mupirocin applied onto my skin (Bactroban). MRSA is resistant to most of the drugs, so I had to treat it with vancomycin. I was getting it by slow infusion into a vein, because the injections in the muscles are too painful. About your symptoms and fibro, I guess you were talking about fibromyalgia. As I remember, this syndrome has many symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, anxiety and sensitivity to pain. I know MRSA can cause fatigue, but I’m not shore if it causes this syndrome exactly. Staphylococcus infection produces "membrane damaging toxins" in the sinuses, and that is what makes you feel tired and dizzy.

I developed a bad MRSA skin infection due to a chemical exposure at work. It spread all over my body. My immune system became weakened and I kept getting sick.I have been on at least 6 rounds of antibiotics for MRSA. It never fully goes away. I have chronic pain, fatigue, and weakness. I have trouble holding a pot of water to drain from Mac n cheese into a colander. That is how weak I have become. I suspect MRSA has caused Fibromyalgia. It is hard to find a doctor that Will REALLY LISTEN to me. They only treat symptoms and reluctant to diagnose or admitt that my constant current issues are indeed the result of the MRSA infection.

I feel that there is connection with MRSA and Fibromyalgia as well. I almost died from a serious MRSA infection that wouldn't go away until finally I was rushed into Emergency surgery to have the multiple spots removed. I was hospitalized for 7 days and sent home with a pic line and Vancomycin IV for 2 months. I haven't been the same since. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia among several other things. I understand how you feel. Take care.