Hello there, I am female who is 32 years old. I want to know one thing. Can you tell me what the connection between macrobiotic diet and cancer is? Does macrobiotic food lower the risk of getting a cancer? It would be nice if I hear the answer as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi there, I will do my best to help you out with this subject. You should know that there is absolutely no evidence that macrobiotic food reduce a risk from cancer. This diet can improve your health by increasing fiber and decreasing number of fat cells. But if you are not careful, you can put your health in danger. That is all I know.

Hi. I was surprised by the person's response to your question. My mother was diagnosed with stage 3C ovarian cancer last spring. I immediately studied macrobiotics and got her on the diet. She is doing great. She looks 20 years younger, and feels better than she ever has in her life. All of her scans are coming back clean, and her CA123 tests are coming back in the low range.

Macrobiotics is not a 100% guarantee that you will never get cancer, but believe me...my mother is proof that if you are diagnosed with cancer, leading a macrobiotic lifestyle is the best possible thing you can do.

Personally, I am so surprised when people argue about eating whole foods and buying organic foods and house cleaners, etc. Isn't it obvious that we are natural beings who should not be putting chemicals in and on our bodies? Look at the state of health--both physical and mental--in our country, and ask yourself why we are declining in such a rapid manner. Then, eat macrobiotically for a few weeks and feel the changes. It's the best possible thing anyone can do for themselves...and a no brainer for someone with cancer.

Doctor's recommend that cancer patients going through treatment eat ice cream, milkshakes, mashed potatoes, chips, etc, etc, etc. It is truly frightening. Illness is a result of imbalance in the body and those foods cause more imbalance. It's a revolving door...in for cancer treatment and the BACK in again after eating denatured foods that leave the immune system weak and unable to resist stray cancer cells. It's insane.

Read The Hip Chicks Guide to Macrobiotics. Then try it. I can't recommend it enough.

I was diagnosed with the ovarian cyst and recommended surgery. I went on macrobiotic diet for one month already. I am curios if there is some specific restriction or benefit wile following this diet to treat ovarian disorders. Your mom had recovered so I am will be really appreciate to have some specific advice. Thank you

I have a friend who had suffered from ovarian cysts and went on a macrobiotic diet and it really helped! Macrobiotics is a system of proportions: half of what you eat is whole grains, a quarter is seasonal local vegetables, and the other quarter is a combo of beans, soups & sea vegetables. Having whole grains as carbs is an important point--rather than cutting out ALL carbs, you just cut out SIMPLE carbs, like white sugar, white rice, white bread, anything that comes in a can or a box... Some of the macrobiotic ingredients are a little unusual--like the sea vegetables, pickled Japanese plums, various bulk whole grains, but the health food store and the Internet are very useful.