I have decided to start with healthy living and really am planning to quit with all that junk food and sweeties so I thought that maybe macrobiotic is a good choice. And the thing is I don't have a clue about macrobiotic and would like to hear what is it about. The thing is that a month ago I met a school friend I haven't see for years and I was so surprised the way she looked, that shine in her eyes I was shocked when she told me that she lose her weight and more important has become prettier and happier just for the macrobiotic. So please I need some macrobiotic info! Thanks!

Macrobiotic is a whole philosophy that comes from the Far East and it is about balancing those yin and yang principles in your organism. So the main part of macrobiotic way of life is actually about macrobiotic diet for it I believed – you are what you eat, in other words if you want to stay healthy watch out what food are you taking. So there is no more animal foods, sweats, refined and processed food. Macrobiotic diet is focused on using fibers – so you should eat whole grains, vegetables as well as sea vegetables, fruit except tropical fruit and remember macrobiotic is not just about what you eat-it is also about how you eat and how you prepare it and also important is what dishes you use and how the space where you eat is being maintained. Macrobiotic is also about positive and calm approach meaning you need to enjoy while you eat this food, not to hurry and to chew it well.