Hi, folks. I have been reading some articles in the newspapers about orthomolecular medicine. This is quite new for me. I would like to know if orthomolecular is just another word for macrobiotic or not. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. I think that orthomolecular medicine will be a hit if it already isn’t. It isn’t the same as macrobiotic diet. Macrobiotic is a dietary regimen. It involves grains, vegetables, beans, etc. Orthomolecular medicine uses diet, but also nutritional supplements. It tries to make nutritional balance in one’s organism. In this way, a disease can be prevented or even cured. I hope this helped. Bye!

Hello. I would agree with the previous post. You cannot agree that orthomolecular medicine is the same as macrobiotic. Macrobiotic refers to diet. Orthomolecular also uses supplements. It insists on vitamins, minerals and amino acids. They are used to restore and maintain health. The problem can be determining the exact nutritional balance for a person. This is different for each person. I hope this helps.

Hello, good people. I think that orthomolecular medicine is a good thing. It also insists on excluding the junk food from your diet. It also prohibits refined sugar and caffeine. People should also avoid food with high amounts of additives. This maybe sounds easy, but believe me, it isn’t. Our supermarkets are full with junk food. I hope you will find out more about orthomolecular medicine. If you find out something interesting, please share it with us. Bye!