Hello! I have had few cases of cancer in my immediate surroundings and I have started to think about what I can do for myself as to prevent cancer getting to me too. I have heard that macrobiotic diet can be really helpful. Can someone tell me more about standard macrobiotic cancer-prevention diet?

Hello! I am into macrobiotics for some time and I have never heard of any specific diet that targets exclusively at cancer-prevention. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it doesn’t exit, it might just be that I don’t know about it. I do know, though, that any macrobiotic diet leads to a healthier life and that many patients diagnosed with cancer rely on it to help them fight back the disease and prolong their life.

I totally agree with you! The word macrobiotics is derived by combining two words: ‘macro’ which means large or long, and ‘bio’ which means life. It basically translates as ‘long life’. I would add that it is also a life without any diseases, since I have been practicing macrobiotics for ten years now and am perfectly healthy despite my age (63). You can find many cookbooks based on macrobiotics at bookstores or you can ask for the macrobiotic diet tailored to your needs from any macrobiotics professional. One thing is certain no matter which macrobiotic diet you choose- it will help you stay healthy!