I need some info about macrobiotic diet. My dad had mild heart attack last year despite the fact that he is only 50. I was thinking that what he eats is very important so I would like to hear if macrobiotic diet would fit his actual condition and would like to know what in fact macrobiotic diet is about and is it difficult to deal with. Thanks!

If you asked me your dad would only benefit on macrobiotic diet for it is perfect for someone who wants to improve his heart condition by reducing cholesterol levels at first place and it is believed it reduces also heart attack and stroke risk. All this due to the fact that macrobiotic diet is focused on very law saturated fats so you are not allowed to eat refined foods such as-sugar and white flour, as well as animal origin food which include all sorts of meals and even cheese, no chocolate, soda, coffee and even tropical feeds and you don't can even think of processed foods. So basically macrobiotic diet is focused on using whole fibers and it includes whole grains, vegetables, soups and broths and beans and sea vegetables. But you need to know that macrobiotic diet may cause the lack of some vital minerals and vitamins such as calcium, iron, vitamin D and complex B12 vitamin.