I AM 47YEARS OF AGE AND WHAT I AM EXPERENCING IS IRREGULAR PERIODS MY BUST IS REALLY TENDER AS BEEN FOR AT LEAST 3WEEKS TO CUT TO THE POINT I FEEL PREGNANT.COULD YOU HELP?

I was told that there are two types of breast pains. One is cyclic-related to menstrual changes and hormonal fluctuations and another one is non-cyclic. Doesn’t change in response to ovulation and periods.

Cyclic is more common that non-cyclic. Non-cyclic is usually oriented to one are of the breasts and occurs in women who are premenopausal and post-menopasual. The pain may last from one to two years and then just disappear.

There’s another type of non-cyclic called costochondritis, which is more of a chest than breast pain. It occurs due to aging and bad posture and it may be felt as burning in the chest area. The area that usually hurts is at the junction of breast bone and ribs.

Considering that the pain has been present for three weeks already, I would suggest you saw a doc and have it checked. There are other conditions that could be causing the pain and it would be best if you determined where exactly the pain’s coming from.