hi all
about 2 months passed by i feel pain or u can say like muscular type pain in the middle of my chest when ever i sit or whenever i stretch my hands or when i do some exercise .when i move my hands left right i feel pain in the middle of my chest .i am a smoker of about 10 cigrettes per day and i am confused that whats the matter is this due to smoking or something else .a homeopathic doctor said that it is gas problem.please help me i will be thankful.

Health Advisor
It sounds to me it is inflammation of the place where the last few ribs join the breast bone. The disease is called costochondritis. My father also had pain just in the middle of the chest. He went to see a doctor and he performed a physical exam, just went over his ribs and when he saw it hurt, he knew what it was.
Dad took some medicines for more than half a year. He was taking NSAID’s and was applying cold compresses to ease the pain and inflammation.
He did have problems upon any exertion, or like you said stretching hands, or taking deep breaths.
You should see a doctor and rule out all the possible causes. You would not believe how many diseases and disorders can create pain in the chest. One of the worst is heart disease, don’t play with it.

hi just now i been having chest pain in it real hurts it just started last night about 11:00pm 12:30am well i have a not in the middle of my chest it been there for a long time but it never started to hurt untill now so why is that :'(