Hi. I have friend, who is schizophrenic. I must say I can`t trust him any more, ever since he was diagnosed with schizophrenia (talking about mental illness prejudice). However, he has changed. His other friends say has become more aggressive. He is always calm when we are together, but I can smell something bad inside him. Am I being prejudice? How to cope with it?

Hi. I have a friend, diagnosed with kleptomania. We are still friends, but first time when I heard about his diagnosis I have stopped trusting him. I was avoiding him because I didn`t understand facts concerning his disease. I though he is weak and not able to fight his disorder. All you have to do is to read some facts about schizophrenia and this will completely change the stereotype you have about psychiatric illness. It is discrimination that keeps most of the people with mental illness from seeking help. Remember the time when you were the best friend, when you weren`t aware of his problem.