i am suffering with a mental illness but doctors tell me i have depression a year or so ago i was diagnosed with psychotic mental illness and after a month on antidepressants and still get strange thoughts and feelings that something bad is going to happen my gp reffered me to the mental health team again i am so easily distracted my mind is constantly thinking bad thoughts the mental health team are talking about puttin me on antipsycotics and i no i need to help myself by interacting with people again but i just know i must have a mental illness not just depression because surely these thoughts dont come with just feeling low. i start my 2nd year of uni tomorrow and im so scared last year was brilliant but i just wish my brain would let me concentrate on something else other than the thought that im being watched and monitored i have not done anything wrong except been stupid with drugs and lied to my family which ended up with me having a breakdown but now i feel i have been so nasty and horrible that i dont deserve to have a life. how can i find out if i do have a mental illness and am i right to give up after being given the best possible start a girl could dream of. #?

Hi =].....Are you happy with your life aside from the thoughts and do you do anything at all that makes you happy and care free

hey :-) i no normally that is an easy question to answer but its actually not at the moment. i feel happy when im walking the dogs in a quiet place and when im at home with my family but i feel really lonely too i havent seen any friends in ages and scared so much of what people think of me. i find it hard in any public places and find just keeping a conversation going. arrgh its so fustrating i hate being like this!!

It's not really a easy question 2 answer...Well focusing on you and what makes you happy is what you should do because your mental health is imperative at this point and if you're not happy it's gonna be hard for you to be around anyone outside of immediate family even friends...The constant stress of thinking someone is judging you sounds really tough because whenever you interact with someone you feel a lot of pressure from carrying on a conversation...With men carrying on a conversation it should be easier for you because we usually do all the talking when it's someone we really wanna talk too.....Women don't usually have alot of other women friends unless it's someone grew up with or friends of friends because they're usually not trustworthy...I'm sure your friends would be happy to hear from you especially if you were really close with them and I'm sure would be eager to help you through your situation if given the chance and it could be simple little things at 1st like hanging with them at your home at 1st just to get use to being around them again and then once you feel comfortable then maybe you can hangout at their place but only if it's a positive atmosphere especially since you gave up the bad habits because peer pressure can be tough. Once you get use to being around friends again it should make it easier for social gatherings and being apart of society again....Sorry for the delayed response I'm currently at work.

hello there no focus,

How r u doing lately?. Its been quite long since you post something on this forum .Are u ok? . How was the meeting with your doctors?

Regards,

Gil