I would like to know is there any help with muscle spasms during tetanus seizures? My baby has neonatal tetanus and doctor want to give her some diazepam to help reducing muscle spasms. I am wondering if it is really helpful because I don’t want to give her any drugs if they won’t help.

Diazepam is very important part of tetanus treatment. Some studies showed that if it is used alone or with some anticonvulsants it can significantly reduce the duration of sickness. I suggest that you try it out, I am pretty sure it will help your baby. I would like to point out that I am not an expert, this is just my opinion.

I had a same problem and I can understand your dilemma. I would recommend that you respect decisions of your doctor and let him include diazepam in treatment. It helped my baby, he is 5 years old now and he is in full health. Diazepam greatly reduced muscle spasms and shortened the period of his hospitalization.