I started to use Largactil (Chlorpromazine) few days ago. My problem was nausea and vomiting that should be controlled somehow. My doctor recommended me to try with this medicine, but I am little bit worried now. That is always happening to me when I use some medicine for the first time. I would like to know something about Largactil, its side effects that could occur.

The drug you started to use is well working as therapeutic effect of sedating and anti-emetic activity. Beside treating and controlling nausea and vomiting, it has been used for the treatment of schizophrenia, for acute intermittent porphyries, or tetanus treatment. Important warning about Largactil is it should not be used together with large amounts of central nervous system depressants, such as alcohol and narcotics. Some symptoms of this medicine may be confused with undiagnosed primary disease responsible for vomiting, for example Reye’s syndrome. Tardive dyskinesia is a syndrome consisting of potentially irreversible, dyskinetic movements. Unfortunately, it is impossible to rely upon prevalence estimates to predict which patients are likely to develop the syndrome. It is not known if Largactil cause psychic dependence, tolerance or addiction. Some symptoms such as gastritis, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and tremulousness occur as withdrawing of high doses. Drowsiness is sometimes reported as adverse reaction of this medicine, usually mild to moderate, particularly during the first or second week, after which it generally disappears.