My husband had been diagnosed with tetanus. He has terrible muscle spasms and I am afraid that his muscles could burst during the seizure. Is it possible? He is hospitalized but his seizures are very strong and I am very worried about it. Would someone please share some experience with me?

Tetanus can be very dangerous. That’s why people are being immunized against it. Muscle spasms can even cause fractures of bones not just muscle ruptures. It is very important for patient to get treatment as soon as possible, because he has more chances to survive and get better without any complications.

My daughter had neonatal tetanus. It was an awful experience and I don’t think I would survive going through that again. She was lucky enough to go trough it without any consequences. She got adequate treatment on department of intensive care. I remember that they even put her to sleep to prevent spasms and eventual muscle ruptures.