I had a Mirena put in 9 months ago to help with Endometrosis and overian polysistic syndrom and it has been hell. I had a period for 5 days and since it been in now I have it for 13 day sometimes even more. I suffer with hot flushes, mood swings depression, no sex drive and everything else you can think of. So If your doctor is suggesting you have one put in my suggestion is dont, or if you do, please do some research on it first. By the way Im only 31 but they way my body is i think some times im 65. The other thing is why was I put on this treatment when it is a know fact that I can not fall Pregnant. Has anyone been through this I would like to know please.

Mirena IUD is not only used as a birth control method - you're right, in 90 percent cases it is just that, but in your case or in other cases where women have other conditions that are caused by hormonal imbalance, Mirena is simply one form of hormonal treatment that is supposed to help with this condition, in your case endometriosis and polycystic ovaries. Mirena basically slowly releases small doses of hormones that should help in treating the conditions you have, but, since it's been 9 months and your bleeding is longer now than it was befor the Mirena, maybe you should go for a check-up with your gynecologist?

Ive been to my gynecologist twice and he wont do anything after 12 months, i have also been to different doctors but no one will take it out for me..but it seems no one will do anything for me... has anyone got any suggestions?