In April of this year, before my husband and I were married, I decided to put a stop to the condom use and have a Mirena IUD placed. Since then, we got married and my husband and I have decided to try for a baby together. He has two boys ages 11 and 6, one from a high school relationship and one for a previous marriage. I have an eight year old daughter from my previous marriage. We want one of our own. At the beginning of July, I had my Mirena IUD removed. The doctor said after 2 cycles, I would probably be pregnant. I had a cycle in July and a cycle in August. My September cycle was 5 days late and my October cycle was either two days late (from the October cycle) or 7 days late from prior calculations. The October cycle only lasted 2 days and was very light. Each month, because I want it so badly, the minute I was a day late, I took a pregnancy test with a negative result. I've read that diluted urine can give a false negative and I take hydrochlorothiazid, a diuretic (water pill), because I have a congenital kidney disease that causes my body to produce a multitude of kidney stones, my urine is almost always pretty diluted. I've had all of the symptoms each and every month, but I think that was all in my head. I am ovulating and having sex during ovulations, but not pregnant yet...or am I?...

Anyone else have problems getting pregnant after removal of Mirena?

My daughter had her mirena removed in October of 06 and had our grandson in Oct of 07. It took her about 3 months to conceive.
Try not to make love with your husband with a baby on your mind. It seems like the more you try, the longer it takes.
Ask your Dr. about your problem with the HPT's and your condition. I don't know if it makes a difference. Do you get the first pee when you wake up in the morning? That urine is real concentrated.

Yes, I've used morning urine for each test, but with the medication, I get up several times a night. Maybe I'll just skip the pill for a day or two and see how that goes. It won't hurt me to skip a day or two, I'll just retain water in my left foot.

Be carefull not to put your health at risk.

It's not a concern. I went for months without taking it as a trial. I will be fine as long as I take it every other or every two days.

It seems as though we have the same situation bulldogmom. I have had my mirena removed since July as well and still am not pregnant. We have intercourse everytime there is a fertile moment according to the calendar of course. We call it fertility week at our house....still nothing. It seems as though this is a common occurance. I had extremely high blood pressure while the mirena was in and had to have it removed in order for my bp to stabalize. I was on meds for bp that I had to take on a daily basis, if I wanted to take meds on a daily basis, I would have just stuck with seasonale I was on before with zero periods for 3 years!

I'm with you 100%! When my bloodpressure went out of control and I brought it to my OBGYN's attention, he swore it had nothing to do with the mirena but he would take it out just for my peace of mind.

I had my coil removed in october 2010 and i have had normal periods each month since my parnter and i have been having sex but i don't seam to be getting pregaant and it is so stressful and i am putting alot of pussure on myself and my parnter. has any one got any addvice or has anyone else had problems with this?? please help

Hi, well I found that when I had my Mirena removed I was very tired, but anxious to start trying to have a baby. I had my Mirena implantation for 14.5 months, did not have a period after 5 months of implantation of Mirena. (Wootwoot) Mirena was removed on April 7, 2009. I have not had a postive pregnancy reading yet! What else can I do to have a little one? I wish that I wouldn't have ever got Mirena. It has it advantages and dis-advantages but I should have really thought about it.

What I dont get is that the studies show that 80% of women after Mirena removal got pregnant after 1 year. 20% of women did NOT get a period for 1 year.

So, my question is:

I am a healthy 26 year old women with two children and my husband and I would love to have one maybe two more children. We have been trying for almost 2 years and still nothing. My cycle is normal every month. I take 2 iron pills everyday, as ordered by my OBGYN.

All I have to say is I hope that Mirena IUD did not make it impossible for me have any more children.

SO WHY CANT I GET PREGNANT???

I just had my mirena IUD removed yesterday after having it in for over 4 years. We just got married 2 weeks ago, he has 3 children from a previous marriage and I have none of my own. I'm hoping that we concieve soon. Did any of you have problems with heavy bleeding after the removal? I've been bleeding and pretty crampy since yesterday. And after not having a period for 3 years it really sucks.

this is Gemma who started the topic about getting pregnant after the coil like i siad in the first malil i ah my coil out in october 2010 and we have been having sex all on the right dates but still no baby it is now coming up to six months and i am getting worried there is something wrong any advice please

hi im the same gemma i had mine removed oct 2010 and still not pregnant, i already have 4 children so i know i can fall ok but i think the mirena has done something to me xx babydust to all xxx %-)

I had my Mirena inserted in January 2005, I had it removed and put back in January 2010. In Jan 2011 I had it removed so my husband and I could try to conceive another child. I had a normal period on Feb 3rd 28 days after removal. I was scheduled to have my second period on March 3rd. It is now March 8th and still no period and no positive preg test. I am feeling very tired, nauseous, and my breasts are sore...pretty much your normal signs of pregnancy. I'm getting frustrated cause every pregnancy test I take is negative. Is this normal after removal or am I going crazy?? I should mention I am only 26 and my periods have always run like clockwork. It's just super frustrating cause I am pushing 30 and my mom had her hysterectomy at 30 and I am hell bent on having 2 more children. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks :-)

I had the mirena taken out march 30, 2011. I had it taken out because I was bleeding two, sometimes three, weeks out of the month. my partner and I have been having unprotected everyday since then, trying to get pregnant. I started my period on April 1, 2011 only a week after I had my last period. This morning I woke up with tender breasts and I spotted very light pinkish blood just once. I have no idea if this means I could be pregnant or if I am just imagining things. Help please!

i had the mirena for two years had it removed a little less then two months ago. The day after i had it remvoed i stated my period and it lasted about a week. now it has been 6 weeks since i have had a period but i am still geting negative pregnancy test results.