I read a similar thread about the topic of Mirena being related to very painful sex, but my problem is a bit...different. I had an IUD put in about 5 months ago. The first two months were more or less bearable with the exception of embarrassing spotting. Now I do not have a period at all or anything that goes along with it! That would be great except for my other problem. BOTH my partner and I experience a significant ammount of pain during sex. I have read about the strings poking men, but that is not it for him. He says it is more like a pinching sensation, as if I were not a virgin. For lack of a better way of putting it, he says that it seems very small and tight. He is not especially large, to the point that it has ever been a problem before and we have been together 3 years. For me, well, I guess to say a "pinching" type pain is about the same. Sometimes I can get past it when the pleasure outweighs the pain, but more often than not, we have to stop. When we are able to get through it, it hurts at least a day afterwards as well. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? Of course I plan to go see a DR. but I want to be prepared and be able to give specific examples. I know I can't be alone here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I had my Mirena put in 8 months ago, and aside from 2 months of aggravating spotting, I have had nothing but positive results from it! If you are having painful sex, it may be that it is not up in there far enough...I have never experienced pain while having sex and neither me nor my boyfriend can tell it's there! Can you feel the strings when you check???

Original poster, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out if it was your mirena causing the pain? Thank you, Jessica

this is my second iud ive had this one for ayear n ahalf and with this one i have been having probs too my bf feels it sometimes ive been to the doc last yr n had it checked right plac they said and strings were short but now after that i cannot feel strings at all n when we have sex in diff pos it hurts me so tomorrow im going back to the doc to ask for ultrasound n see whats going on n if its still a prob im guna get it removed fk this  my orgasims i cant even tell nemore ugghhhhh

You are not alone! My partner was saying the same thing. I've had the mirena in for 4 years and I've had pain during intercourse the entire 4 yrs. I finally went to the doc about it and now they have me going through physical therapy b/c my pevlic floor is weak. I plan on getting it removed ASAP. I love it because I don't have to worry about anything but I haven't enjoyed sex since I've had it. I hope all goes well on your end. I'll keep you updated.

You are definatly not alone I had to have mine removed because the pain was to much

I have gotten some of the same same thing happened to me and it is no fun when u cannot enjoy being intimate cause it hurt so bad doing it.I have stop having sex cause it hurt to much but i know I need to get it checked on I have had it a while but like the longer I keep the worse it hurt me. Is there any body going through the same thing?