I had the Mirena iud for 2 years and had it removed 7 months ago due to cramping and painful intercourse. We started trying to get pregnant 2 months after it was removed and no luck so far. Could this be caused by the Iud??

I had Mirena removed and one month later had a positive home pregnancy test. I am now 17 weeks pregnant.

I had my IUD in for 2 year also. I also experienced pain and cramping, especially during intercourse. I am currently pregnant. I don't know how far along yet. Maybe about 2 to 3 weeks. But I also have a cyst on my left ovary, which I found out was causing a lot of the pain I was feeling during intercourse. Not saying that this is the reason you are feeling the pain, but it is something that you should get checked.

I had the Mirena a little over a year, and I had some cramping and bleeding troubles with mine as well and had it removed. I was pregnant a month later also. I'm a mother of 5 and and I will tell you a couple things I've learned. A. Relax and don't plan so much, if after 12 months of trying you don't concieve consult your Dr. for tests on both you and your husband to see if there's a problem there preventing conception. But, this may sound wierd another thing you can do is try taking birth control pills a month or two-then stop. They were originally developed to get women's cycles in gear and help them get pregnant, and it could help kick yours into gear. I will say it's only been 5 months and maybe your just stressed over it which could delay it, or maybe your not correct on your ovulation dates. You can also try an over the counter ovulation predictor. My best friend is 31 and her hubby is 43 and after 12 years of a vasectomy she talked him into getting a reversal which was a slim chance. She had also been on the pill for 15 year. It took them about 6 months, but she conceived and just had a beautiful baby boy! Good Luck and don't worry so much! ;-)

i had mirena in for the full 5 years and loved it. i had it taken out in march of 2007 and got preggers in july of 2007 no problem. i'm now 21 weeks pregnant and have every intention of getting another iud. i loved it!!

I have been reading a lot of posts that say very negative things about the IUD. My story is, I had the IUD for 1 1/2 years, never had a problem. I had it removed a week after my period in October 2007, bled & cramped for about 4 or 5 days. I got pregnant in November during my next full cycle. I am now six weeks pregnant.

I had Mirena inserted nearly 3 years ago and experienced non of the terrible side-effects I have since read about. It worked really well for me, well, until I had a test (for cervical abnormalities) that seemed to disturb it (but that's another story).

After my husband and I got married this past fall, we decided to start trying to have a baby right away so I had the Mirena removed. There was a bit of spotting and cramping but that went away fairly quickly. My cycles have been very regular since then right down to ovulating exactly when I thought I would - I bought an ovulation test on my gyno's recommendation which helped tell me I was back on "track".

So here's the problem...since having it removed, I have had 3 straight months of believing I was surely pregnant due to overwhelming pregnancy-like symptoms which I never experienced before Mirena. Sore (sometimes actually painful) breasts for weeks mid-cycle, cramping all month and particularly around the time that implantation "should" take place, fatigue, lower back pain...you name it. This cycle was the worst. I was sure I would wake up today and take a test and find it positive. Instead, I woke up with the worst period cramps and heavy bleeding ever. When this happened last month, I'd convinced myself I'd had a chemical miscarriage. What to think THIS month?

Will this continue? Is this related to Mirena? Has damage been done? I'm afraid my gyno won't even take me seriously if I go in to talk to her since we've only been trying for 3 months (plus she, herself, has Mirena). But I can't understand what's going on with my body and all these strange symptoms!?! It's emotionally and physically exhausting and I'm worried...

i had the mirena iud for almost 5 years and towards the last 6 months i have been having terrible cramping and my breast were very sore. so i just had my iud taken out will it be ok if i get pregnant right away or should i wait till my period is normal ???

I experienced the same symptoms as newlywed posted. I keep thinking I'm pregnant and I'm not. I've only been trying for three months, but it is so frustrating. I am experiencing lots of side effects (sore breasts, emotional, nausea, bloating, back pain etc). I just want to understand my body. I am going into the doctor on Tuesday to try and see if this is how my body is reacting to the removal of the IUD. I really enjoyed using it (I used the IUD for two years). My first child was conceived in just two months. I liked the advice to just be patient. I'm sure I need a good dose of patience.

Wait a couple of cycles for your uterous to get back to normal....The lining needs to be able to hold a baby.

Its funny you all say this. I was beginning to feel I was crazy. I had the mirena for 2 years and just had it removed Nov last year. Two months after i removed it everything was ok, and after the third month, I would feel like I was pregnant. We are trying to get pregnant, so you can only imagine how I felt test after test.

I started using OTC ovulation kits and for 3 months now I havent had any positive strip to indicate ovulation. I get all the pregnancy symptoms. As i write, I just came from my doctors and had a blood test done and it still came back negative. My period has been up and down, and I had to take provera last month to help jump start regularity but nothing has helped.

In all, its 8 months now... no Baby :-( and I havent been stressed!. Any advice somebody.

I've had my IUD in for a little over 4 years and just took it out the end of June '08... I had a period right after it came out and have yet to have one since. Preg. tests say neg, so I think my body's just trying to get back on track. Patience is really a hard thing!

I got the IUD when i turned 19 and had the IUD for about 7 months, without ever giving birth to a child. meaning i wasn't necessarily eligible for the IUD but i pulled some strings. and of course the IUD was awesome! But when i decided i would like to try and have a baby sometime, or possibly be ready for an accident. 3 months after the removal my husband and I began to try and conceive but it never worked out for that last 3 months and i as well would get Mild symptoms, not as bad as newlywed. And i would be convinced i was pregnant, take a test... and find it negative. I'm just wondering and hoping this IUD may or have not ruined the lining of the wall of my uterus thus leaving it harder to conceive as though my Gyno has told me. any thoughts or possible relations to an answer?
Being 19 and young it shouldn't be this difficult to try as once again my gyno told me. Could it be at any possibility that this may have halted my chances? Or i may just be another statistic that cant have a child at only the age of 19? sorry about the long post...

also may i add that before removal i had spotting but it was seriouse dark clots, not to sound too personal. But not only me and my husband had tried nearly... every day. %-)

I had the Mirena put in after my fourth baby. When I went in for a routine check up when he was 3, they couldn't find the string. I was also having pretty heavy bleeding. I had the string trimmed soon after insertion because my husband stated he could feel it. The Dr. worked(with me in stirrups and nearly fainting!)for nearly half an hour before finding it and removing it because it had 'flipped' up into my uterus. I didn't want another inserted. I decided on the patch, and two months later was pregnant with my 5th and last child(got a tubal after her).
My cousin's wife had her Mirena removed about 4 or 5 months ago so they could try to get pregnant. She's 22, and has not ever had a child. She was getting frustrated with not having gotten pregnant yet either. I told her it took a little while to completely leave her system, after all-the Mirena is not the old type copper IUD, the Mirena releases birth control into your system. I told them just to stop trying so hard and relax. They don't even consider someone to be having fertility problems until after a year of trying. Well, the week before last she called me to let me know she's pregnant. So, yes, you can get pregnant, you haven't even given it much time! I know it seems like you have, especially since you say you've tried 'nearly every day'. But, you know you ovulate 14 days after the first (start) day of your period, and that 14(ok use 12-16 day to be safe)is the window when you can conceive. Also, since you are actively trying, go ahead and start pre-natal vitamins. You can also buy fertility predictor kits at the drugstore(like a preg. test stick), if you're not sure when you ovulate. Good luck :-)