Hello everyone. I've had my Mirena IUD for about 6 wks now and I LOVE it. Only slight spotting here and there. However, lately I've noticed a weird gush of liquid that happens at random moments throughout the day. It's clear and odorless. Anyone else experience anything like this?

I wish....

I got mirena "the monster" in October 2006. For a while I thought it was the best thing ever. In the next few months I gained a few lb, my skin stared to scare after bouts of acne, I did not have the usual energy. I blamed the new job, stress and aging. It seeemed like an accelareted aging but I have just accepted it, low metabolism, everyday stress, you name it.

In May 2007 we went for a graduation of a friend. When entering the auditorium I started the feel panicky... it was a weird sensation but I decided not to pay attention to it. I love crowds, I love people. I forgot about it soon afterwards.

During my annual the doctor told me that my thyroid is becoming hypo and I have the elevated number of antibodies.

Then in July 2007 I was returning from Europe I had a full blown panic attack (I know now what it was). I had to be taken to the emergency room where I was treated for tachycardia and ordered to see the cardiologist. The months between July and December I have spend trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I started to have the anxiety attack on the regular basis, insomnia, I lost half of my hair, I was just barely surving, living from day to day, unable to accomplish anything, I was just trying to attend to the basic needs of my family.

I went to the cardiologist, endocrynologist, ob, EarThroatnose doctor (In september I developed the strange sensention of a foreign object in my throat), my family doctor (several times). I was put on Beta blockers, xanax, lexapro. Nothing was helping. I was depressed and absent, could not remember a thing, my mind was under some gaze. I could not understand: I am happily married wife, mother with no worries, great financial situation, job and perspectives. No drama and trauma in the last few years.

But even though it did not make any sense, I started to look for a psychologist/psychiatrist. I hired the private trainer and started the rigorous program of exercising. I learn how to meditate and attended twice a week yoga classes. I read everything in the library on the subject of anxiety, I learned relaxing techniques, bought tapes, music, dvd's. Changed diet. Eliminated alcohol and caffeine. Got massages. Everything provided only a temporary relief.

I started to make notes... the most severe anxiety started every 28 days (for a week) and sometimes in the 14 days. This when I suspected that mirena may have something with it. Then I found this site and several other sites. In December, after a month of researching I came to the conclusion that it is impossible that thousands women on different continents are hallucinating... and on December 22, 2007 I went to take The Thing out. the best Christmas gift ever!

12 days later I had the famous Mirena crash (thank you again for sharing!), with a mini depression, suicidal thoughts, full blown anxiety and a lot of crying. The period brought a huge relief. The side effects are still present but they are diminishing day by day.

As someone here recomended, just when I was about to start this month "the anxiety period"... I went to accupuncturist. I told him that I need help with anxiety. When on the table he told me that I am having hormonal imbalance, I have a lot of heat (?) inside and that the region that correspod to the liver is pretty swollen. He told me that he is going to help me in 5 session and that I will be able to take off myself and that my body in a few months will return to normal. I have had two sessions, I did not have acute anxiety this months, I almost feel like my old self.

I am off meds, I take occassionally the beta blockers for heart palpitation (one time in January), I started to supplement with vitamin B complex. I drink Sleepy Time Extra -- with valerian (celestial seasoning) at bed time. If I need to make sure that I will sleep I take the prescription antihistamine (hydroxizinum).

I am sure there is a light in the long tunnel... courtesy of producents of Mirena... well ... you could say that I owe them a lot of spiritual growth and learning... at the price of personal hell...

Please know if I can be of any help-- I will gladly answer any questions.

Have hope! Take the damn thing out!!!

I got the Mirena in August of 08 and haven't had any major problems. I have experienced the very light spotting here and there. I have also had sudden discharge but with a strange odor. I called my doctor and he told me that was normal but I feel like other people can smell me and it makes me feel dirty. Can anyone relate to this? Please help

I my IUD in about 9 months ago and I am trying to make an appointment to have it removed ASAP! I never experienced head before the IUD and know I have a headache every day. I feel a lot pressure on he back of my head. I have mood swings. Another thing that worries me is some light chest pain and not having a period I do not think that is healthy at all.

The discharge with odor is an infection, bacterial vaginosis. Does it smell fishy? I got this infection twice shortly after having my mirena put in. The doctor gave me antibiotic cream to put in "there". It didn't help. I ate lots of yogurt and eventually my body worked it out, you could try the antibiotics, it may work for you.

I have had my Mirena for 1.5 years. I have recently been to the cardiologist for arrhythmias that I have never experienced before this past year. I will get my test results on Friday, I don't plan to be put on medicine. I will have this removed first.

Good luck with the iud. It is wonderful birth control I just wish I didn't have these side effects. (if that's what they are)

Yes I have experienced the liquid but I thought I had something wrong with me! i will ask my doctor and post it later

I HAVE HAD AN IUD 4 15MONTHS ,I HAVE MEMORY LOSS BRAIN FOG AND I CANT REMEMBER ANYTHING. I HAVE HAD HEART PALPITATIONS,I NEVER SLEEP AN ENTIRE NIGHT ,I HAVE HEADACHES AND SADDNESS, I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AND I CAN NEVER STAY FOCUSED ON THEM..THE SCARIEST SYMPTOM IS BRAIN FOG AND MEMORY LOSS. I WOULD FEEL VERY RELEIVED IF I KNEW THE IUD WAS THE CULPRIT.

I got my IUD after my second child in june of 2006. At first it was amazing REALLY light periods. no pill taking just wonderful... and now for the past probably 6 months... Ive been experiencing palpitations anxiety.. mood changes.. I finally went to a doctor and got on some anti depression meds.. still felt funny... she took me off of them.. and i have been doing tons of research on the IUD and everywhere I read the same symptoms...

I TOO HAD MIRENA FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND IT STARTED SLIPPING OUT IT CAUSED HEADACHES AND CRAMPS. IT CAME OUT ENOUGH ONE DAY THAT I JUST PULLED IT OUT MYSELF. ITS CHEAPER THAT WAY. THANK GOD SOUNDS LIKE I GOT IT OUT JUST IN TIME

I got the Mirena IUD some time ago and until I read blogs like this one I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. About 2 months after getting the IUD I started to have problems sleeping. It got worse and worse and I was even missing work because of sleep issues. I became convinced it was the IUD but when I called the doctor and went in they told me that couldn't possibly be the problem. After waiting another month and searching the internet I was determined to have it out. When I went in to have it removed the nurse told me that it can amplify any PMS symptoms that you might have. I had been on the pill so long I didn't realize insomnia was a PMS symptom for me. It took about a year to fully recover from the sleep problems but sure enough about 2 days a month I still have problems sleeping (PMS time). I did call the company to register a formal side effect - if enough other people do the same with their side effects hopefully they will all soon be registered.

You are NOT alone. I had the same thing. Doctor after doctor told me I have a yeast infection or Bacteria Vag. I just went to a new doc today and he is treating me with boric acid that you put in there...it is supposed to work better than antibiotics. I gave him a list of my symptoms, no sex drive, discharge, acne, weight gain/inability to lose weight and he told me it was because of the Mirena. I didn't believe him at first because I was told how great the Mirena is....well after reading all these posts I can now see how bad it is. I get it out in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

I had my mirena put in in 2008, it lasted for 6 mths before it fell out. I put in a new one, and that one only lasted for 4 months. While i had it in, it lessened my bleeding (which was the reason i was using it). But clearly the mirena is not meant for me, cuz i have expelled 2 within 10 mths!!! They claim it lasts up to 5 yrs, then y did mine keep coming out??? Anybody else experienced this too??

I've had my Mirena in for about a month. So far so good except for that odor. I'm going to see my doctor on Tuesday, and I'll ask about this, but it's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I keep hoping it will pass as a temporary side-effect!

I just had my IUD removed this morning after reading many posts with similar problems as mine. I had my IUD in for about 5 months now. This month and the previous month, I had been experiencing extreme chest pains (directly in the middle of the my chest) with increased pain with breathing. From this pain, I had panic attacks (which I had never had in my life previously). No problems with my heart at all. Had to go by ambulance to ER and during the 5 hours, the pain went away... They only checked my heart, even though I never thought it was my heart, since it was in the middle of my chest... Movement increased pain, as well. I would feel rushes of warmth and heavy vomiting. After my 2nd episode, I began to realize that my previous episode was also during my menstrual period, which led me to believe that it may have something to do with the IUD. Since both my last two cycles were extremely light flows (barely anything really)... My hair was also falling out a lot after having the IUD.

i had my mirena in 2004 and until yesterday i thought i was a mental case, no confidence, mood swings, severe depression although i am happily married, just about as ive no sex drive, my hair has fallen out, my body aches all the time, migraine, abdominal pain, leg cramps, and sweating. ive been complaining all the time that theres something wrong with me, but never thought of the mirena as the problem, I cant wait to get rid of it. I came across this site by luck, and just in time as i was gonna ask my GP for antidepressants as i could not carry on with this feeling of life.