Before I dive into what I'm experiencing, an important piece of information I feel I need to share is that I suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I had been taking birth control, which regulated my periods to the point where I knew what time of the day I would start, for a year. In September, we decided we would like to try to conceive. I quit taking my birth control, and we have sex at least once or twice a day. September and October my periods went a little wacky, but I have managed to skip November completely. I have been having PMS-like symptoms since November, just no period. My nipples become extremely sore and sensitve, and my appetite increases greatly. However, the past week my insatiable appetite has turned into a constant bout of nausea. This morning after we had sex, I noticed a pink tinge, which I thought was the start of my period. After that, though, there hasn't been any other signs of blood. I'm wondering if I should finally take a test, or just wait it out?

I think you definitely should take a test! Since you know all PMS symptoms that PCOS perhaps even made stronger sometimes, I’m sure that you know that nausea is not one of them. Not that severe menstrual cramping couldn’t make you nauseous, but nausea isn’t really considered one of PMS signs. So, there is a reason to be optimistic! The other important thing is that is fairly common that women experience period-like bleedings even in pregnancy. That happens because your body still keeps its hormonal rhythms even after you get pregnant and there is no real need. This type of bleeding happens around the time period was happening.

Thanks for the help! I just took my third positive test!

Congrats are in order :-D