Hi, so I have a couple of questions. First off, does brown spotting count as the first day of your period? Or do you have to see blood? Second of all, I am spotting brown and pink right now. My period was supposed to come on the 7th. This started Aug. 29th. I have been spotting every day since. I feel like there is a lot of blood when I wipe, but barely spots on a panty liner. My periods are normally really really heavy with lots of cramps. I have had times before when I spotted for like two days and started my period, but this feels different. I have no cramps and I have been spotting since Sunday night. I've read about implantation bleeding but this seems like I have a little more blood than that. But it's not dark red blood. Mostly brown with a tinge of pink. What is going on? Am I pregnant? Do I need to go to a doctor? help!!

im going through like the same thing you are, i was suppose to get my period september 8 but i got this brown stuff on august 28, it sounds like implantation bleeding cuz i know alot about it and there is some blood involved and it can also be pink or brown, depending on when the last time you had sex was and if you used protection it would help me better understand.

I have a similar situation....I am supposed to get my period on Saturday, but have been spotting since Tuesday. My periods are pretty regular and I have never spotted like this before. Light pink to a brownish. Although sometimes it's a little more than just a spot. But never enough to even wear a pantyliner. I only see it when I wipe.

I'm torn...my boyfriend and I weren't trying to conceive, but we weren't really not trying. We had unprotected sex twice around when I would have ovulated.

Part of me thinks I'm just going to have a heavy period and am spotting for 3 - 4 days beforehand, but I guess it could be implantation bleeding. Am going to wait to take a test until Saturday or Sunday.

I've never been pregnant before, so this is all new to me!

Good luck!