My doctor told me that acute salpingitis is a gynecologic condition consisting of infection and inflammation of the oviducts. During this time, how long I am diagnosed with salpingitis I relized it is used to describe acute infection of the female upper genital tract. I would like to hear what you have to tell me about this problem, because I want to know as much as I can.

Pelvic inflammatiory disease is the same as salpingitis, which is a condition that lacks a precise definition. This may include infection of any or all of the female anatomic locations. These locations are commonly endometrium, the oviducts or salpingitis, the ovaries or oophoritis, and the uterine wall, known as myometritis. There are many different diseases beside these I told you, but since your problem is salpingitis I will not go to wide. Problem with salpingitis, the same with any other problem, is that tuboovarian abscess may form. Many authors prefer the term salpingitis because, at a minimum, the oviduct or fallopian tube is involved. Beside this, the most of the long-term sequelae of PID result from destruction of the tubal architecture. Most cases of acute salpingitis occur in two stages, where the first is acquisition of a vaginal or cervical infection. Second stage is ascent of the infection to the upper genital tract. Intercourse also may contribute to ascent of infection in salpingitis, with uterine coital contractions mechanically inducing organisms to ascend.