Hello. I'm 22 year old female and I'm very frightened and confused right now. I'm sexually active for few years now and just recently I have noticed that I have these small blisters around my genital area. My partner didn’t have any of these.
I was very frightened because I've never seen anything similar. The thing is that I've asked around and find out that it could be some genital herpes or warts. I've contacted my doctor who didn’t say exactly what it could be but he told me that he still isn’t sure and have to wait for the lab results. He mentioned that it could be also some condition called Molloscum Contagiosum. What the hell is that!

Hi. Although it sounds pretty scary - Molloscum Contagiosum is very common skin condition. Your doctor was right because sometimes it can really cause the same symptoms like warts.
The thing is that it is a viral infection that produces small, painless blisters. It can be transmitted sexually but in most cases this isn’t the primary way of transmission.
It can be passed from person to person by skin to skin or close contact, shared towels, clothes, shaving equipment, from swimming pools and several other ways…
Good thing about all this is that the bumps usually last for a few months before spontaneously disappearing.

My daughter had Molloscum Contagiosum for 5 months. I read all of the internet sites that said to just leave it alone and it would go away in months or YEARS! I didn't want to pay a ton of money for something that may or may not work. Then I found a website that said to try medical tape. I covered the molloscum with tape and left the tape on for 2 days at a time before changing the tape. After about 3 weeks when I took the tape off it looked like a pimple when it is ready to pop. I got some tissue and popped out the white core. I then used zinc oxide for a few days and it is practically completely gone. Simple and easy.