I was reading that genital HPV infection is spread through sexual contact. It should be primarily vaginal, anal, and oral intercourse. Beside this, it is possible, though less likely, for the virus, to be transmitted by sexual contact without intercourse. All this made me worried so I would like to hear more about Human Papilloma Virus. I want to recognize first symptoms, and I would like to know is it possible to treat HPV with something.

There are certain types of HPV, which might cause genital warts and other lesions. Problem with Human Papilloma Virus is that there are usually no symptoms. Most people with HPV infection do not know they are infected. That is why regular exams and Pap smears are so important to determine this virus. First symptoms someone might experience occur one month or more after infection. The average incubation period at most infected is two to three months. For women, first appear as small, hard painless bumps in the vaginal area or around their anus. Sometimes women first show positive with an abnormal pap smear, while she does not know yet she has Human Papilloma Virus. With laryngeal HPV, it has been noticed change in voice. In men, first appear as small, hard painless bumps on the penis or around their anus. Visible warts could be removed with liquid nitrogen, acids, or laser surgery, but there is no cure for Human Papilloma Virus.

I have just read that there will be a vaccine for HPV. It may be available the beginning of the year. schaaf wrote:

:D