In May I am scheduled to have two lumps removed from my prostate and checked for cancer. Since my prostate is enlarged I have trouble urinating and the want to reem the prostate. This I am really worried about. It really interrupts my sexual life. I am also worried about prostatitis. What the symptoms of prostatitis are?

Prostatitis is the name for inflammatory conditions of the prostate gland. It can be painful during urination or ejaculation and you need to see your doctor to ascertain the cause and get appropriate treatment. There are four types of prostatitis, but I know only symptoms of two. Acute bacterial prostatitis, symptoms include fever, general pains and, more specifically, pain in the lower back and genital region, the testicles, penis and the area between the scrotum and anus. Chronic bacterial prostatitis is an uncommon recurrent infection with inflammation of the prostate and urinary tract and its symptoms tend to be less severe when compared with the acute form but can include discomfort in the genital area, lower back pain and/or abdomen, painful ejaculation, fever, blood in the semen and recurrent urinary tract infections.