I have a friend who told me about his problems. Since I have never heard for something like that, I could not help. However, now I cannot stop thinking, so I want to hear more about it. I want to hear what epididymis is. Beside this, I would like to know if sensation of heaviness in testicles must be inflammation of epididymis.

The epididymis is a series of small tubes, attached to the back of each testicle. It is used to collect and store sperm. You have to know that one of the most common causes of scrotal pain is epididymitis. This is infection and subsequent inflammation of these coiled tubes known as epididymis. There is similar condition, epididymo-orchitis, which occurs when the infection spreads to include the testicle. Epididymitis is usually a secondary bacterial infection that is triggered by a range of conditions, such as sexually transmitted diseases or urinary tract infections. The bacteria in the urethra simply backtrack through the urinary and reproductive structures to the epididymis. Treatment options for epididymis inflammation include antibiotics and bed rest. Some men develop chronic epididymitis, which is characterised by inflammation even when there is no infection, and this is a problem. Symptoms of epididymis problems are slight fever, chills, sensation of heaviness in the affected testicle, and testicles sensitive to touch or pressure.