Help! my husband of 3 years had gingivitis. He's been to the dentist and needs surgery, the whole nine, but is slow about it. He loves performing oral sex on me and I'm worried that with him having gingivitis that it can cause some type of infection in my vagina. Please help! I don't want to say anything or hurt his feelings before I find out if it's possible.

thanks,

cjfoster21

Both of you may be at danger actually, your husband even more than you, so I would suggest you refrained from oral sex until he fixes his problem. An infection may spread from his oral cavity to your genital tract but he is even more likely to get an infection from your genital tract.
Oral sex has been linked to gum problems as well as to oral sores and ulcers. People who perform oral sex regularly were at very high risk of developing gum problems and his problems may even worsen.

The trouble could occur either from mechanical injury or trauma to the oral cavity or by introducing microbes. Oral sex also leads to tearing inside the mouth.

I did not know that good info