i have been taking oxycodone 30mg 4 times a day for along time. the problem where i live is it is impossible to find. all our drug stores are always out. so i went to my doctor and explained this to him and he decided to put me on ms contin 60mg 3 times a day. he told me it was a long term pain pill compared to the quick hit of the oxy. my question is does this stuff really work and since i am so used to the quick release of the oxy will this really help me. i thought if i took both scripts it would take away the pain. i just dont know if i can take that much medicine and still work and fuction properly. this ms contin seems like it last but after a couple hours the pain comes back and i have nothing to take then. i really want to go back to my doc and ask him for my oxy script back so if the pain occurs in between the 8 hour window i have something to take for the quick release. any suggestions on this? thank you

hi,i'm also on ms contin 60mgs x 3 a day it works good but dose't seem to last but 3 to 4 hours my dr. also give's me oxycodone ir 15mgs 4 x a day which works great if your in chronic pain like myself you need a break thru med.mabey ask your dr. for the 15mgs,their easier to find mabey he can just increase the monthly amount,thats what mine did and it all worked out o.k. hope you get straightend out.