I contacted my Dr about changing my prescription from Norcos to something stronger. I was taking 10/325 Hydrocodone/acetaminophen and she has prescribed me Percocet 5/325 Oxycodone/acetaminophen. I really don't notice much of difference I have an appointment to see her soon and i don't know if she will change this or not. What i want to know is how much stronger is this Change supposed to be? as to me it doesn't seam like much it seams to give me almost the same pain relief? Is this normal or can anyone tell me more about this and why she chose this drug? I am an MS patient and have a lot of pain and my doctor is very sympathetic and usually gives me what i need. I know i am not asking a Dr this as i will when i see her but i would like to know from others experiences on this. I will be asking for something different because this is not strong enough for me. What will she most likely prescribe and my Dr is very good and knows i am in pain and being a past nurse (lvn) she is not suspicious if i ask for a certain drug. Any general information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. TIA i look forward to finding out as i will not see my Dr for 2 weeks.
Thank you

Hello beatnik, I am sorry that I can not answer you question. But I also have MS and also have the same question. So, if you fine out an answer please post.
Thanks XD

hey guys I'm sorry i dont have an answer but i'm helping another person with an unknown disease and i was woundering how you guys were diagnosed with MS?? As i hear it is very hard to diagnose. thanks

have been on lortabs and hydrocodone for 17 yrs for too many health issues to mention...have ONE left lord jesus help me!!!! can someone please tell me what to expect and HOW LONG WITHDRAWS LAST??? and what can i get over the counter to help??? and do energy pills/drinks really help??? wish me luck and pray for me and please let me know asap....thanks and good luck to everyone and god bless

How many are you taking or were you taking on Avg. Per day? That would help to know.

Hello Beatnik.
i just want to give a little idea on these drugs.
i do sell most of these drugs.

hydrocodone and oxycodone are similar in analgesic effect, but research shows that oxycodone is generally as effective at 66% of the dosage of hydrocodone-- i.e.

5mg oxycodone= 7.5mg hydrocodone

However, one study, for example in dental application after molar removal , show that oxycodone is significantly more effective.
With long term use patients typically must increase their dose to continue pain relief.
This is true for all opiate based narcotics. The body grows tolerant and more is needed to be beneficial. Now with that said, if you can use another medication, like Ultram or Ultracet daily and the codone only for severe pain you will have greater benefits. Tramadol is the pain relief property in Ultram & Ultracet and is believed to not cause dependency and addiction.
for more informations contact me back through my _[removed]_.

Is the name imprinted on the Percocet ENDO? If not, ask the Doc to specify Endo.

Not all 166 Percocet products are the same ... no matter what your pharmacist or physician "wish".

Oxycodone is a man-make chemical (called opioid), a synthetic for morphine. It is NOT a narcotic.

How do I contact you through your SPAM?? JM